01-23-13, 03:08 AM   #1
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
HandyNotes_Carbonite

Rythal I hope you get this

I know that Carbonite has a built in note system, but not as easy to manage as HandyNotes I think.
This person ( http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handy-notes_carbonite ) is working on way to add Handy Notes to Carbonite.

You may wish to see what he has done, and see if he can help here.....
On the ither hand, although I know you have a proper road map you are following, you may add to the list the ability to add Notes via addon lists, such as HandyNotes has done. This would allow folks to upload notes and coords to Curse, or other venues that would then allow a direct update and markings on the Carbonite map.
There is a third option: Set up Carbonite notes to accept HandyNotes marking system to integrate with Carbonite mapping notes

Your call friend

Hope you had a great holiday season

and looking forward to testing the next Beta iteration

Regards

01-23-13, 09:52 AM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Exclamation

The author of the addon quit Warcraft some time ago.. The addon never left beta stage and has not beed worked on in about a year..

Thrumbar

01-23-13, 01:01 PM   #3
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ouch.....you are exactly right.....damn
Got dates confused
my bad.....skip it, I guess

or; maybe not

the concept is sound.

Maybe a system could be established where locational notes could be added and removed as an addon, via curse or by hand, instead of adding a thousand individual lines of Macro add ins at the game level.
Although many of the HandyNotes will eliminate markers based on the games db.
similar to _NPCscan
This may be asking a lot, but I have used HandtNoyes in the past and the convenience it offers presents some very interesting possibilities.

The major draw back to HandyNotes is that it only works in the mini map area over Carbonite notes which works as you pass into a region, which is a plus

pre-markers for the Hallows run, Lunar Festival locations, Lost and Found locations, etc. All loaded by volunteers and ready to go.

The concept is exciting

The only thing I can clearly advise is to see what HandyNotes has done and what folks are doing for that addon here: http://www.curse.com/search?type=add...rch=Handynotes
Then see if there is a way to institute something similar for Carbonite

Most importantly: This would allow for the Modular concept that Rythal is looking for

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » HandyNotes_Carbonite