11-16-08, 08:41 PM   #381
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK, deleted all bars, started fresh yet again. Made 2 bars, 53 buttons each. All 106 buttons are Macro Buttons. I populated skills and items onto their buttons, no trouble so far. Then I opened the Blizzard macro screen and dragged one of my macros onto Bar 1 Button 5, it immediately switch from a Macro button to an Action Button... hm. When I dragged a second macro onto Bar 1 Button 15, it did 2 things... 1) it became an Action Button, and 2) it took over Bar 1 Button 5, replacing the previously placed macro. As soon as I switch the "tainted" button from Action Button back to Macro Button, the macro I had placed there disappears. If I don't switch them back to Macro Buttons, they begin duplicating themselves onto other buttons on the same bar and on other bars. I use no macro addons, I use no other bar addons. I don't remember it doing this last week, although it DID duplicate one button and I just decided to live with that.

I've spent the better part of 2 days going around and around with this... and I don't feel I have the brain power to wrestle with it to get it right. It worked pretty well for over a week, and now is just a nightmare.

11-16-08, 09:33 PM   #382
Dookl
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
use button edit mode (as opposed to bar edit mode) and right click the XP bar, that should give you some additional options to do what you want.
Ahh finally thanks Feldoth that was it got it like I need it. Much appreciated.

11-16-08, 10:40 PM   #383
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
OK, deleted all bars, started fresh yet again. Made 2 bars, 53 buttons each. All 106 buttons are Macro Buttons. I populated skills and items onto their buttons, no trouble so far. Then I opened the Blizzard macro screen and dragged one of my macros onto Bar 1 Button 5, it immediately switch from a Macro button to an Action Button... hm. When I dragged a second macro onto Bar 1 Button 15, it did 2 things... 1) it became an Action Button, and 2) it took over Bar 1 Button 5, replacing the previously placed macro. As soon as I switch the "tainted" button from Action Button back to Macro Button, the macro I had placed there disappears. If I don't switch them back to Macro Buttons, they begin duplicating themselves onto other buttons on the same bar and on other bars. I use no macro addons, I use no other bar addons. I don't remember it doing this last week, although it DID duplicate one button and I just decided to live with that.

I've spent the better part of 2 days going around and around with this... and I don't feel I have the brain power to wrestle with it to get it right. It worked pretty well for over a week, and now is just a nightmare.
ok, this is your problem. Macaroon has its own macro system which is not at all compatible with the blizzard one, its intended to replace it (and has several features the blizzard macros aren't meant for). You trying to drag blizzard macros onto macaroon bars is not how the mod was supposed to be used, and its not reacting well to it (obviously). So yes, you cant combine the two, but its not as bad as you think (I think): First, Macaroon macros can be dragged around just like a normal macro, create the macro via the macaroon interface and it will act like a normal button when you drag it (and function exactly the same in a different spot); Second, if you want to be able to just get rid of them and bring them back later I suggest sticking a bar on autohide with the [nocombat] state somewhere off to the side of your screen, and use that as a macro repository - once Anchor buttons are fixed you'll be able to use those instead (or with autohide) to create a single button that will open up your macro depository; Third, macaroon has a macro manager (which could use improvement, but does work) that will allow you to copy and store macros easily, take a look at that and see if it will work for your purposes.

Additionally, I suggest you put in a feature request for Maul that he make it so that dragging a blizzard macro to a Macaroon button would instead convert the macro into a Macaroon macro - that way the two systems would work better together and perhaps suit your individual needs better (your not the first person to have an issue with combining blizz macros and macaroon).

11-17-08, 01:08 AM   #384
MagicsMan
A Murloc Raider
Questions About Custom States

I noticed that the tool tip for a bar in bar edit mode has a "Point" of reference to its position on the screen. Is there a way to define these numbers for precise placement of bars?

Last edited by MagicsMan : 11-17-08 at 04:59 AM.

11-17-08, 06:23 AM   #385
BadCompany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Aha!!! Thanx for the help Feldoth... I appreciate it. I'll be converting all my macros to Macaroon macros if I find that there is a repository for them that I can access easily.

11-17-08, 09:30 AM   #386
Tebasile
A Murloc Raider
Question

Ok, about possession bars and operating the new mounts and such, this is exactly how you do it:

The reason this is so confusing is because its different for every class, everyone has 10 sets of 12 buttons, these are your action buttons - however when you are possessing a target or if you are a class that has stances (druid/warrior/etc) you get extra buttons to cover those situations. To get a possession bar you first have to either check "possess" or have the custom state [bonusbar: 5] (its always 5 for this). Now you have to figgure out where your bonus bar starts: Bonus bars begin after your 120th button, so 121 is the start of your first bonus bar (for a warrior, this would be Battle Stance) - depending on how many stances your class uses you need to multiply that number by 12 and add it to 121 to find the first button of your possession bar. So, for Death Knights it would be 121 + (12*0) = 121, for warriors it would be 121 + (12*3) = 157. Heres a reference for telling how many "stances" your class has: http://www.wowwiki.com/API_GetBonusBarOffset

Once you have the correct starting button, just create up to 11 more buttons to fill out the bar (odds are good you wont actually need more than 5-6).

Please let me know if this doesnt work for anyone, its possible I've made a mistake but so far this is working for me.

Thanks for helping with this!

Sorry, a bit confused here... warriors have stances 1, 2, 3. Druids have 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. So should my possession bar as a druid start at 169 or 181?

11-17-08, 11:06 AM   #387
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
Aha!!! Thanx for the help Feldoth... I appreciate it. I'll be converting all my macros to Macaroon macros if I find that there is a repository for them that I can access easily.
No problem, that feature needs some work in my opinion but hopefully it will work for you.

I noticed that the tool tip for a bar in bar edit mode has a "Point" of reference to its position on the screen. Is there a way to define these numbers for precise placement of bars?
I'm fairly sure that this is on the to-do list, but hasnt yet been implemented.

Thanks for helping with this!

Sorry, a bit confused here... warriors have stances 1, 2, 3. Druids have 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. So should my possession bar as a druid start at 169 or 181?
it should be 169, please let me know if this works for you, I havent had a chance to test it with classes that have more than one stance (though for them it seems to work perfectly).

11-17-08, 01:41 PM   #388
MagicsMan
A Murloc Raider
I'm fairly sure that this is on the to-do list, but hasnt yet been implemented.
I managed to position the bars precisely by going into the Macaroon.lua or the Macaroon Xtras.lua and setting the positions manually.

Question though... This question seems to be more of a vanity issue though. When using custom states, the header for the bar will have the name of the bar along with its state. Unlike the checkable states you give us, the name of defined custom states shows up as written in the text editor.

Example:
When you check "Stance" in the bar option you get a bar that looks like:
Bar 1 - Caster Form
Bar 1 - Cat Form
When you use Custom States to do the same thing it looks like:
Bar 1 - [noform]
Bar 1 - [form:3]

This is just a rough example to get my point across. The Custom States I use are quite a bit bigger then the ones above. This seems to me to be a bit clunky and cumbersome, and for one of the best Mods around, I would like to see a little more precision (Not that I'm complaining...much...). Maybe a utility to name custom states? Then again maybe this is already being looked into or I'm the only guy who cares about this. You can't always please everybody. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

11-17-08, 01:55 PM   #389
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by MagicsMan View Post
I managed to position the bars precisely by going into the Macaroon.lua or the Macaroon Xtras.lua and setting the positions manually.

Question though... This question seems to be more of a vanity issue though. When using custom states, the header for the bar will have the name of the bar along with its state. Unlike the checkable states you give us, the name of defined custom states shows up as written in the text editor.

Example:
When you check "Stance" in the bar option you get a bar that looks like:
Bar 1 - Caster Form
Bar 1 - Cat Form
When you use Custom States to do the same thing it looks like:
Bar 1 - [noform]
Bar 1 - [form:3]

This is just a rough example to get my point across. The Custom States I use are quite a bit bigger then the ones above. This seems to me to be a bit clunky and cumbersome, and for one of the best Mods around, I would like to see a little more precision (Not that I'm complaining...much...). Maybe a utility to name custom states? Then again maybe this is already being looked into or I'm the only guy who cares about this. You can't always please everybody. I just thought I'd throw that out there.
I'd suggest putting in a feature request for that

11-17-08, 08:06 PM   #390
Tebasile
A Murloc Raider
it should be 169, please let me know if this works for you, I havent had a chance to test it with classes that have more than one stance (though for them it seems to work perfectly).
When I right-click on an action button to edit it, I seem to only have the ability to go up to 132... am I missing something?

Last edited by Tebasile : 11-17-08 at 08:34 PM.

11-17-08, 09:33 PM   #391
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Tebasile View Post
When I right-click on an action button to edit it, I seem to only have the ability to go up to 132... am I missing something?
test it with your bar set at 121 and up, if that works then its far simpler than I thought it was (a good thing).

11-18-08, 03:29 AM   #392
opocaj
A Defias Bandit

Custom option and updating

Hi.
There are few things I'd like to about Macaroon, but first af all I'd like to thank Maul for this great addon. I'd be lost without trinity before and macaroon now.

Things I need to know are:
  • how to I keep it up to date without removing all the work already done on it?
  • can I create also castesequencing, with it?

And one more thing:
I created two bars.
I set the first one to react on shift modifier, and leave no button on shift.
I set the second one to react on shift and leave no button on normal.
I set the second one to have focus as target, to be linked with first one and to have the same actions of first bar.
But it does not work: still tries to cast on my target, on shift.
What did I do wrong?

11-18-08, 10:03 AM   #393
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by opocaj View Post
Hi.
There are few things I'd like to about Macaroon, but first af all I'd like to thank Maul for this great addon. I'd be lost without trinity before and macaroon now.

Things I need to know are:
  • how to I keep it up to date without removing all the work already done on it?
  • can I create also castesequencing, with it?

And one more thing:
I created two bars.
I set the first one to react on shift modifier, and leave no button on shift.
I set the second one to react on shift and leave no button on normal.
I set the second one to have focus as target, to be linked with first one and to have the same actions of first bar.
But it does not work: still tries to cast on my target, on shift.
What did I do wrong?
to keep it up to date, just download new versions - nothing should be lost when you install the latest version. Castsequencing works just like normal macros: Enter button edit mode, left click the button you want until it reads "Macro" then right click it and type in your macro.

Your targeting problem is probably due to needing to put your spells on a bar AFTER you give the bar a target. Try dragging your spells back onto your focus bar and see if they then work properly.

11-18-08, 06:37 PM   #394
Tebasile
A Murloc Raider
test it with your bar set at 121 and up, if that works then its far simpler than I thought it was (a good thing).

Yup, that worked!

11-18-08, 07:29 PM   #395
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Tebasile View Post

Yup, that worked!
Alright, thats good, it means that it works the same for every class.

11-19-08, 03:02 AM   #396
MagicsMan
A Murloc Raider
Don't know if anyone cares but I made a Totem Killing macro that works great. It'll blow up totems in whichever order you like them to die. I think I got a good order here though, but you can change it. I also excluded the totems that have more the 5 hp. It also set you up on the last target you had, so it'll be as if you never switched targets. Its a little lengthy though, but that's what copy paste is for. The Macro is also 1000 characters long, so you have 23 characters to play with for the actual kill spell and your name in the macro. I also suggest using a low mana, instant cast direct dmg spell for the kill spell. Lemme know if anyone uses it, I would like some feedback. Here it is:

/cleartarget
/tar Grounding T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Tremor T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Fire N
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Earthbind T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Mana T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Mana S
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Healing S
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Flametongue T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Windfury T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Wrath o
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Magma T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Searing T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Strength o
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Totem o
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Stoneskin T
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Poison C
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Disease C
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Nature R
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Frost R
/targetlasttarget [help]
/tar [noexists]Fire R
/use [harm]"Kill Spell"
/targetlasttarget
/a "Your Name Here"

Last edited by MagicsMan : 11-19-08 at 03:10 AM.

11-19-08, 05:42 AM   #397
crassy
A Murloc Raider
How do I define a custom state for possession?

11-19-08, 08:25 AM   #398
Purplestuff
A Kobold Labourer
Well after a few hours of searching through this thread and making myself utterly confused on creating a possess bar for vehicle use, I've about given up so that means it's time to post.

I've figured out that I need to create a possess bar, I need to extend the action id's past 120 and find out where my vehicle special bar starts. I'm on a mage by the way.

The only problem is that I cannot seem to set the ID higher than 120, not even 121. When I right click on the action button in button edit it will only allow me to set it at 1-120 or sometimes it won't even let me set it.

I've tried creating a bar with 130 buttons on it but what happens is after 120 it just starts to repeat 1-10.

11-19-08, 02:14 PM   #399
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Purplestuff View Post
Well after a few hours of searching through this thread and making myself utterly confused on creating a possess bar for vehicle use, I've about given up so that means it's time to post.

I've figured out that I need to create a possess bar, I need to extend the action id's past 120 and find out where my vehicle special bar starts. I'm on a mage by the way.

The only problem is that I cannot seem to set the ID higher than 120, not even 121. When I right click on the action button in button edit it will only allow me to set it at 1-120 or sometimes it won't even let me set it.

I've tried creating a bar with 130 buttons on it but what happens is after 120 it just starts to repeat 1-10.
From the FAQ:
For a possess bar -

- The steps are essentially the same as for a pet bar.
- Select an existing bar or make a new one.
- Check "Possess"
- Left-click on the bar until it says "Possession" at the top.
- Add buttons.

- At this point, Macaroon should have auto-set the possess buttons as they were added to type "action" and they should display a unique ID starting from 121 while in button edit mode. However, if not then -

- Enter button edit mode (/mac edit or alt-click the mini-map button)
- Left-click on the new possess buttons until they say "action id:#"
- Ensure each button has a unique ID number starting at 121. To change the number, right-click the button while in button edit mode.
- You're done!
if you've done all that and it doesnt work I dont know what the problem is - I had some issues at the start too but they sorted themselves out (but not before confusing me). Make sure you have the latest version too, as that could be the issue.

How do I define a custom state for possession?
[bonusbar:5]

11-20-08, 01:13 AM   #400
lodewijk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
posses bar bindings

i used search to try and find the answer but could not find any relevant posts, so here we go ...

i have a bar1 of 12 buttons with bindings "1" through "=".
i also have a bar6 that is my posses bar. it has no bindings.

what i would like is when i take control of a vehicle (or die on my unholy DK) is the posses bar to have bindings "1" through "0" (i have 10 buttons on this bar). there is no use in bar1 having these bindings during a posses situation anyway.

is there a way to make this work?

thanks for reading.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!