04-18-09, 11:33 PM   #1
shadowmite
A Murloc Raider
Tracking mines, yellow dots not appearing

I am able to get the carbonite nodes to show on the minimap but the actual mines (yellow dots) dont show on the map. I have no way of tracking mines unless I actually see one. Please help! TY

04-19-09, 12:24 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons cannot read tracking dots. Only the Blizzard minimap frame can show a tracking dot. Is the minimap setting enabled to put it in the Carbonite map? That is the only way to show tracking dots on our map.

04-19-09, 05:08 AM   #3
Jabberwocky
A Murloc Raider
I've noticed the same problem, on the previous version I could see the yellow dots for mines and herbes or what ever my chars were looking for, but now there is nothing. Still shows quest givers though, no actually now i come to think of it i cant see the quest givers, only where to hand in.
For me, this issue has only materialised sinse 3.1 was loaded.

Only a small issue i know but a thorn in my side while trying to lvl my mining and engineering, any node is greatfully recieved.

04-19-09, 05:29 AM   #4
Jabberwocky
A Murloc Raider
Ok, problem is now sorted.

Unattached the wow map from carbonite and reset ui, then i reattached the wow map and again reset the ui and all is working just the way it should

Hope this helps

04-19-09, 07:31 AM   #5
shadowmite
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Addons cannot read tracking dots. Only the Blizzard minimap frame can show a tracking dot. Is the minimap setting enabled to put it in the Carbonite map? That is the only way to show tracking dots on our map.
Yes, the minimap setting is enabled to put it into the Carbonite map. It is just weird because before I was able to see the "yellow dots" (mines while tracking them) but all of a sudden I am not. I have disabled all of my other addons and still the same problem.

04-19-09, 07:32 AM   #6
shadowmite
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post

Unattached the wow map from carbonite and reset ui, then i reattached the wow map and again reset the ui and all is working just the way it should

Hope this helps
I tried this once before but will try again. Thanks for response Jabberwocky.

04-19-09, 07:50 AM   #7
shadowmite
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post

Hope this helps
Just tried this again and it worked. It seems I had to actually mine at least one ore before I put the in game minimap back into Carbonite for it to display the mines as yellow dots. TY for help.

04-19-09, 07:52 AM   #8
shadowmite
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for response. I detached the minimap from Carbonite then mined at least one mine before putting the minimap back into Carbonite and now everything works as before. Problem solved.

04-19-09, 08:21 AM   #9
Jabberwocky
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
I tried this once before but will try again. Thanks for response Jabberwocky.
You're welcome shadowmite

What i first noted was the fact while flying low/riding around i still had in the top left corner of my carbonite mini map the small square box of the wow map (hope this makes sence to you all) in this i could see the yellow dots of the mines but these did not show in my carbonite map (the little map, not the big main map when you press *M*). the yellow dots were so small they were hard to see and home in on, making it real hard to detect the mines.

Just incase you or other's are still having problems i'll try and detail exactly what i did to resolve the problem.

1) Right click on the Carbonite (C) button (in my case the top right corner of the screen where the old wow map use to be)

2) select (Options)

3) Then select (Map Minimap)

4) Then uncheck the very first option (Move Minimap into Carbonite Map - reload required)

5) Click reload UI

6) The original wow map should now be back in it's original place, top right hand corner and all mines, herbs etc should be visiable again.

7) Right click the carbonite (C) button again.

8) select (Options)

9) Then select (Map Minimap)

10) Now this time *Check* the very first option (Move Minimap into Carbonite Map - reload required) - So that the wow map is put back into the carbonite map.

11) Click reload UI

Now the wow map should overlay the carbonite map and show all mines/herbs or what ever you are looking for, encluding quest givers.

Hope this helps you all, and good luck

04-19-09, 08:25 AM   #10
Jabberwocky
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
Just tried this again and it worked. It seems I had to actually mine at least one ore before I put the in game minimap back into Carbonite for it to display the mines as yellow dots. TY for help.
Good point, i did a little mining with the original wow map as well before posting here and resolving my problem, well spotted shadowmite...

04-20-09, 03:02 AM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think you are not clearly understanding how it works.

The normal circular Blizzard minimap shows an internal game generated graphic, which has tracking dots drawn on it. When that minimap is put into the Carb map, it is still drawing itself showing the same dots it always would.

The dark circle around the player arrow or the square in the top right corner of the Carb map is the same Blizzard minimap, just being put in two different places. As you zoom the Carb map out, the minimap circle gets smaller and will get so small it becomes unreadable, which is why Carbonite will then dock it to a corner of the map at a fixed size, so you can still see it. Zoom the Carb map in and out and you will see the minimap dock and undock.

The dots being small (or large) on the minimap is a bug caused by patch 3.1, which is fixed for the next Carbonite version we release. The dots will then stay a fixed size.

05-20-09, 06:29 PM   #12
rza
A Defias Bandit
Mining Dots

I think you are not clearly understanding how it works.

The normal circular Blizzard minimap shows an internal game generated graphic, which has tracking dots drawn on it. When that minimap is put into the Carb map, it is still drawing itself showing the same dots it always would.

The dark circle around the player arrow or the square in the top right corner of the Carb map is the same Blizzard minimap, just being put in two different places. As you zoom the Carb map out, the minimap circle gets smaller and will get so small it becomes unreadable, which is why Carbonite will then dock it to a corner of the map at a fixed size, so you can still see it. Zoom the Carb map in and out and you will see the minimap dock and undock.

The dots being small (or large) on the minimap is a bug caused by patch 3.1, which is fixed for the next Carbonite version we release. The dots will then stay a fixed size.
Hi

a little feature request
can we have an option to resize the the mining dots?
i play with the ui scale at the lowest setting and the yellow dots often to small or under the saved mining locations

thanks
rza

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tracking mines, yellow dots not appearing