03-21-13, 08:38 PM   #1
cadred
A Murloc Raider
Can't install Tom Tom

I have not been able to use tom tom since Cata. I download it, put it in addons, and it doesn't show up anywhere. It's in my interface addons, but not in the addon folder that shows when you log into wow. Where is it and what do I need to do to use it? I've disabled addons, but it still doesn't show. It wasn't in any of my WTF folders.

Going crazy trying to use this addon. I'm using Win 7 64 bit.
03-21-13, 08:43 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you read the "Having trouble installing addons?" sticky thread at the top of this forum?
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762

What about the "Addon installation" FAQ section?
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
03-23-13, 11:45 AM   #3
cadred
A Murloc Raider
Can't install tom tom

Thanks Phanx. Been installing and using addons for years, but just to make sure I read the posts. I don't have two wows, everything is in the interface>addon folder, & there is no mod folder. Tom Tom is listed in my addon folder. I do install addons (always have) with wow up; I know they won't appear til I log back in. Do you think it might be something with win 7 or a conflict with wow for some reason? My Suki coordinates don't work now either. Maybe I should uninstall it and reinstall it, but I've done that before with no luck. Rename my wtf folder and reload? I've disabled my addons, and tom tom still doesn't register when I'm in wow.

Thanks again
03-23-13, 11:50 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What is the file path to TomTom.toc?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-23-13, 01:06 PM   #5
cadred
A Murloc Raider
Can't install tom tom

Wow this is crazy. My hunter has tom tom, but not my pally. huh? I have multiple accounts.... would this make a difference? Never has on any of my other addons.

Last edited by cadred : 03-23-13 at 03:01 PM. Reason: incl more info
03-23-13, 02:28 PM   #6
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
I'm not sure what's in those guides, but have you tried: moving WTF and Interface out of the folder, loading up the game to get it to create all the default files, putting TomTom in the Addons directory, then loading up your Paladin?

If that works, then there's something fishy in the existing files or structure.
03-23-13, 03:02 PM   #7
cadred
A Murloc Raider
Can't install tom tom

Thanks Pelf, I'll give that a try right now.
03-23-13, 03:07 PM   #8
cadred
A Murloc Raider
Can't install tom tom

Seerah, thanks for your input. The path to tom tom.toc = world of warcraft>interface>AddOns>Tom Tom>Tom Tom.toc

thanks for any help.
03-23-13, 04:45 PM   #9
cadred
A Murloc Raider
Finally got it..... Thanks all

Ok, here's the deal. I reset my interface to old, and tried to set my wtf to old. but I was told I had a wtf file open and couldn't rename it, even though there were no other wtf files open. So, to do it the right way and get rid of any possible issues, I shut down the puter. Came back on and still got a msg: wtf file open, can't rename folder. So I went into the wtf folder and deleted the accounts and anything else that was in there. Came out and put tom tom into addons, plus Bartender (can't live wo it). But when I got to the toon log in screen after putting in pass and the code, there was still no option to go into addons in lower left corner on my tank. backed out completely, logged back in, put in all password stuff, and still no addons options. It was only after I came into wow on my hunter that addons started showing on my tank.

I'm just a user who has used wow since beta. I am by no means able to do anything in .lua, etc. So any ideas about this by anyone? Why wouldn't the addons show up on my toon entry screen? and why couldn't I del wtf (I'm figuring really corrupt file somewhere).

Thanks to all again.
03-23-13, 04:59 PM   #10
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You need to make sure warcraft is completely closed before adding new addons or messing with your directory structure.

It's possible your process was still running for whatever reason. Check that there aren't any agent.exes or world of warcraft processes open with task manager.

It won't load any new files unless it completely exits.
03-25-13, 05:26 PM   #11
cadred
A Murloc Raider
trouble installing tom tom

aah, ok, thanks for that info
03-29-13, 09:12 PM   #12
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
Well, since he says that he restarted and then the folder was still locked, I don't know if that was it. Maybe there's a permission issue? Do you run as an administrator or as a regular user? Vista? 7? 8?

What did the error say, exactly?
03-30-13, 02:34 PM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Right click on the Wow icon on your desktop. Choose Open file location. Is that the game folder you've been having issues with (making sure you don't somehow have two instances of the game on your PC as that's just one reason to get the error you got), and what is the full path to the game?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Can't install Tom Tom