10-25-12, 08:41 AM   #1
Tunin
A Kobold Labourer
feature request - gathering nodes

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place yesterday.

It would be very helpful if a user could select a list of node types he was particularly interested in. Currently gathering nodes are bright yellow. It would be nice if, for instance, a player were looking for "Emperor salmon" only, they could select this and nodes of this type would be a flashing bright red. Currently one has to mouse over every yellow node that pops up to see what it is. If what we were specifically looking for would be a different color it would greatly speed the process of farming herbs, fish, mining nodes, etc.

Thank you for your time and effort.

10-25-12, 09:00 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tunin View Post
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place yesterday.

It would be very helpful if a user could select a list of node types he was particularly interested in. Currently gathering nodes are bright yellow. It would be nice if, for instance, a player were looking for "Emperor salmon" only, they could select this and nodes of this type would be a flashing bright red. Currently one has to mouse over every yellow node that pops up to see what it is. If what we were specifically looking for would be a different color it would greatly speed the process of farming herbs, fish, mining nodes, etc.

Thank you for your time and effort.
I don't think this is possible at the moment with the current gathering mode as the icons are taken from blizzard.. They use a "one size fits all" icon for gathering

It's an awesome idea though, but I think it will be a long time before something like this is developed.

10-26-12, 05:48 AM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

its not possible for a addon to determine whats what in the minimap, you can only find that out by mousing over the icon.

That's the way Blizzard have designed it.

10-26-12, 11:23 AM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What you can do is like GatherMate2 and Gatherer: they use the icons of the item in question. Green Tea Leaf uses the Green Tea Leaf icon, Emperor Salmon uses the Emperor Salmon icon, etc.

The addon Routes takes GatherMate2's data and allows you to select exactly what you want to create a gathering route. If you only want Emperor Salmon, you can do that either by specific zone(s) or all zones.

I don't know how or if that helps you in Carbonite, but it will work with the Blizzard maps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » feature request - gathering nodes