11-04-05, 11:24 AM   #1
IlluvatarTheCat
A Kobold Labourer
LUA Extensions

As I'm sure most of y'all know, the greater LUA community has produced quite a few extensions to the basic LUA libraries, most of which consist of C that you link to the lua interpreter and recompile, combined with some LUA API. Is there a way to use these in conjunction with the interpreter built-in to WoW ? I'm thinking something along the lines of a dynamic library that you can load in, but I'm not really sure how that's done... Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts. Thanks in advance.
11-04-05, 11:58 AM   #2
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
thats kinda what ace, chronos, etc. are is libraries....
11-05-05, 11:47 AM   #3
Trimble Epic
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think what IlluvatarTheCat is refering to is a number of the items that appear on
this page where the lua language is extended at the core level (take the lua interpreter, add code to the interpreter and recompile).

Unfortunately, we cannot use any of these types of extensions inside WoW. In fact, many of the pure lua extensions cannot be used because many of the components of the Lua language itself have been removed from blizzard's version of lua that is used inside wow (i.e. all os and io libraries are missing).

There are some pure lua extensions that can be used within wow, but care must be taken to test them thoroughly to ensure that they do not call upon some language element that is missing.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » LUA Extensions