01-21-11, 01:49 PM   #1
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Hunter's Mark + Pet Attack w/Misdirection...?

I just found this macro... to cast Hunter's Mark on the target and command the pet to attack if I'm not in a group or already in combat; otherwise it will just mark the target if I'm in a group and not in combat.

#showtooltip
/petattack [nogroup][group,combat]
/cast Hunter's Mark

I have another one to misdirect my pet: /cast [target=pet,help] Misdirection

Would it be possible to combine the two? I'm not really good with macros. My first hunch is to add the pet misdirect macro to the first one, but I feel there should be something in-between - like /stopsequence or something?

EDIT: this may be a stretch... but is it possible to have a similar macro to the first one, and add misdirect to the Focus?
01-21-11, 06:28 PM   #2
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
#showtooltip misdirection
/cast [target=focus, help] misdirection; [target=pet, exists] misdirection
/petattack [nogroup, nofocus][group,combat]
like that? Thats what I've used on my hunter for a very long time. MD's to pet if you dont have a focus or focus is dead, and to focus if focus is alive and kicking.
I'm not real sure how you would add MD and Hunters mark in one macro. I believe they both are on the gcd

Last edited by Unkn : 01-21-11 at 06:31 PM. Reason: fixed macro ... maybe
01-22-11, 10:50 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

1) Misdirection and Hunter's Mark are both on the GCD, so you can't cast them both with a single keypress.

A little code simplification on the MD macro, and add "follow normal casting rules if there's no friendly focus and your pet doesn't exist" to who to MD.
Code:
@showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus. help][@pet, exists][] Misdirection
/petattack [nogroup][group, combat]
Basically will MD to your friendly Focus target if one exists, then to your pet if it exists, and then to your target if neither of those exists.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Hunter's Mark + Pet Attack w/Misdirection...?