01-30-13, 03:36 PM   #1
stones
A Black Drake
mini map tracking

I am new to your add-on,
I do have a question with tracking minerals and the path set im not seeing any nodes in the mini map it was a yellow dot with the stock UI that let u know where the nodes are and im not seeing that am I doing something wrong?

01-30-13, 06:43 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If the Blizzard Minimap and Carbonites map are not merged, you will never see the "gold" active node icon on the Carbonite minimized map. The active node icon is only shown on the Blizzard Minimap.

Please keep in mind that if you do have the maps merged, you still have to be actively tracking your gathering skill in the Blizzard tracking facility (the magnifying glass minimap icon).

Please see This Thread for a more full explanation of routing your gathering points in Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-30-13 at 06:46 PM.

01-31-13, 12:48 PM   #3
stones
A Black Drake
Thank you for getting back to me , I think I fixed the problem by increasing the transparency. I'll give it a try and let you know

01-31-13, 07:00 PM   #4
stones
A Black Drake
OK here gos, the only way to get the yellow icon of a mining node is to run both mini maps your and Blizzard now with that said now im getting a orange line in middle of my screen along with icons of what im mining.
I attached a pic to enplaneClick image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_013113_162217.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	7550 what im trying to say

01-31-13, 09:23 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, the only way to get the active node icon on the Carbonite map is to merge the maps. The reason for that is that the Blizzard Minimap is the only place the active node icon is used. Blizzard has not released the API for that to the the general public, so addon authors have no access to it.

Your screen shot looks an awful lot like Gatherer's HUD. If you are using Gatherer, go into its' options and disable the HUD. It's been quite some time since I used Gatherer, but I seem to remember it having a module for the HUD, so you can disable that.

If you are not using Gatherer, check your other addons for a HUD gathering display and see if you can disable it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-01-13 at 11:15 AM.

02-01-13, 11:52 AM   #6
stones
A Black Drake
after I merged the maps together and deleted Gatherer and pulled up a mining route I could not see the yellow dot even with the trasparency turned up. So I told Carbonite not to show the nodes and it left the route which I was able to see the nodes. And I was able to mine. I hope this makes since
Just wanted to let you know

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » mini map tracking