11-30-10, 11:31 AM   #1
jds061980
A Murloc Raider
Quest target locations

I have been a loyal Carbonite User for a long time. Love the Addon and can't imagine WoW without it. With the Beta releases and now 4.031 on my map it only shows the X with the circle around it for quest targets (like what used to be just used for like single location quest targets) instead of the entire area be colored in to show the entire area that a target is located in. (For like kill 10 dire wolves etc.) My question is this due to a setting I have messed up or is it that way now in the current version. Its not a huge issue, but I liked the old way better.

Thanks

11-30-10, 12:49 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

From this thread http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37173

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
A lot of this has been answered in various threads but I thought it would be handy to condense everything into a single post.

A lot has changed with the latest patch and the upcoming Cataclysm expansion. Almost every zone in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor has been modified. This means all the coordinates for quest givers, objectives, mining / herb nodes, etc. are no longer valid. Our old database has been wiped clean and we will be rebuilding everything over the coming weeks. In the meantime we will be using the game supplied quest objective locations. Show quest givers will not display anything until our version release some time around December 12’ish. This is our first planned update using player captured data.

We already have all the flight masters in the addon for both the patch & expansion (a LOT were added). While we don’t have quest givers yet the flight masters are typically a good target for quest hubs. We’ve added the bankers and auction houses in the various capital cities and the trainers, etc. will be added in the following weeks after the release.

The various boats & zeppelins have been added and/or updated (next version after this post) so please report anything that looks out of place.

The current city points of interest include bankers and auctioneers. This has been changed slightly so that each area has a single icon instead of an icon for each NPC that acts as a banker or auctioneer. We are going to carry this theme forward with trainers, etc. in an attempt to prevent map clutter. You will also notice that all the mailboxes are gone. We’re still debating this one but mailboxes might be removed from the guide for the simple fact that most cities have a lot of them and they aren’t that hard to find.

As always, please let us know of any problems with the addon and we appreciate your support.

PS We know of the problem of quests not tracking if you don’t have “Show quest objectives” checked ON. This should be fixed in the next version. As a workaround, turn it on

PPS That wasn't as condensed as I thought it would be

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest target locations