07-17-14, 11:35 AM   #1
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for input

ok im having a hard time deciding how i want my UI to look

unit frames wise, i know a few have been watching me develope as i go along,

so here is my idea on the layout, scribble on it all you want and let me know what you think, got a better idea? scribble on it again and let me see!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071714_132343.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	8143  
07-17-14, 12:43 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Way too much "giant dashboard" going on there for my tastes. Why do you need so much space around your action bar inside the black box? Why do you need party frames displayed at the same time as raid frames (since your party members are already displayed in the raid frames)? Why the giant player frame and (relatively) tiny target frame? Why such a huge number of action buttons? The class in the screenshot is a shaman... shamans literally do not have enough abilities used per spec (even including totems) to fill that many buttons.
07-17-14, 12:56 PM   #3
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Way too much "giant dashboard" going on there for my tastes. Why do you need so much space around your action bar inside the black box? Why do you need party frames displayed at the same time as raid frames (since your party members are already displayed in the raid frames)? Why the giant player frame and (relatively) tiny target frame? Why such a huge number of action buttons? The class in the screenshot is a shaman... shamans literally do not have enough abilities used per spec (even including totems) to fill that many buttons.
the pet and stances hold the area to the left

on the right above combat log is extra buttons and such from autobar"or my rendition of it" and on the right side will be another set o buttons like autobar for like hearth, mounts, pets, trinks, potions, foods, ...

hope the pic here and maybe i can get onther together with autobar to show my concept with the right side.

still thinking about the other areas on right and left of the 4 main bars, maybe a DPS meter on one side and threat on the other.

second screenshot for you showing added items
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071714_144524.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	750.5 KB
ID:	8144  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071714_152154.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	738.6 KB
ID:	8145  

Last edited by Uitat : 07-17-14 at 01:23 PM. Reason: second screenshot
07-17-14, 05:06 PM   #4
Duugu
Premium Member

Shouldn't the first question be "what's the target audience"? I mean ... what's the main goal? An UI for healers? Or dps? Or tanking? Raids or not? Which size of raids?
My own requirements to an UI are varying a lot depending on which role/class I'm currently playing. Personally I don't like those One-for-all-UIs that much.

Last edited by Duugu : 07-18-14 at 04:43 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Looking for input