02-17-11, 01:09 PM   #1
Soap77
A Kobold Labourer
WoW quest log bug

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8605/wtfmod.png

this pops up from time to time when getting new quests, completing quests (sometimes), and turning in quests.

It appears to be the top icon of the blizzard quest log window and it's X to close that window.

This only happens when Carbonite is on. If I disable it, this does not happen.

Any ideas?

02-17-11, 03:30 PM   #2
wravey
A Murloc Raider
I've got this same issue.

I tried looking for any addons I have that would cause this but no such luck.

What other addons are you running by chance?

02-17-11, 09:30 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Soap77 View Post
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8605/wtfmod.png

this pops up from time to time when getting new quests, completing quests (sometimes), and turning in quests.

It appears to be the top icon of the blizzard quest log window and it's X to close that window.

This only happens when Carbonite is on. If I disable it, this does not happen.

Any ideas?
What happens if Carbonite is the ONLY addon that is enabled? That is the only way to know if Carbonite is causing the problem.

02-18-11, 01:23 PM   #4
wravey
A Murloc Raider
This issue still occurs when I have ONLY Carbonite running (not evening the extra modules are running). I believe this is related to the Auto Accept quest settings.

02-18-11, 05:26 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried resetting your Carbonite installation by renaming / deleting the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files at (if you are on a Windows computer) "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\"? If that doesn't do it delete everything Carbonite, and download and re-install.

02-19-11, 01:55 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I'll quote another post of mine that might be of help:

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Essentially, if all the following criteria are met:

[ ] The majority of other users - >95% - are not experiencing the issue (checking forums)
[ ] It is not a settings issue (deleted settings files)
[ ] You are not playing on a private server (paying Blizzard for game time)
[ ] It is not an addon compability issue (Carbonite is the only addon)

Then your Carbonite folders are corrupted, or your WoW installation is corrupted. Delete all Carbonite folders and redownload it. If that doesn't solve it, run the WoW repair tool.

If anyone knows any other possible reason, let us know, but I can't for the life of me think of anything else that could cause such an issue.

02-19-11, 02:33 PM   #7
wravey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Have you tried resetting your Carbonite installation by renaming / deleting the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files at (if you are on a Windows computer) "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\"? If that doesn't do it delete everything Carbonite, and download and re-install.
I went ahead and deleted my savedvariables and the carbonite addon folders.
The book still pops up when I have the auto accept quests enabled.

This only seems happen when the NPC has options for the player. For example: I am testing this on 3rd Officer Kronkar in Tol Barad and today he has Shark Tank and Thinning the Brood daily quests. When ever the addon instantly accepts the quest upon right clicking an NPC the book does not appear.

Last edited by wravey : 02-19-11 at 02:37 PM.

02-19-11, 11:37 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As Jigain said, try running the WoW repair tool. I don't know if it will fix the problem, but it certainly can't hurt.

02-21-11, 11:58 AM   #9
wravey
A Murloc Raider
I ran the repiar tool. No improvement.

02-21-11, 03:58 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, if you've tried everything that has been posted and it hasn't helped, then I'm clueless. I have absolutely no idea why that is happening.

Just a thought: If you open the default (Blizzard) options window, do you have everything disabled on the "Objectives" page? I really don't know if that will make a difference, but it's worth a look.

02-21-11, 10:59 PM   #11
wravey
A Murloc Raider
Everything is disabled.

02-22-11, 11:05 PM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

By any chance are you using the "auto accept" and "auto turn-in" options for quests? I've seen another thread about the same thing, and one of the posts mentions using those options so I'm wondering if that might be part of the problem.

02-23-11, 10:03 AM   #13
Soapster
A Murloc Raider
I have those options turned on.

02-23-11, 10:33 AM   #14
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Soapster View Post
I have those options turned on.
So, what happens if you disable those options? I mean, except for not being able to auto accept and turn-in quests. Does it solve the problem?

I don't use either of those options and have not (as yet, maybe) had the problem you are having. But, then again, I haven't done anything in Tol Barad, either.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WoW quest log bug