02-20-09, 12:27 PM   #1
ZikO
An Aku'mai Servant
UI tutorial.

Hello lads.

I have a question.

About half year ago, I found a very very good LUA Tutorial which probably (im not sure) was on WoW Insider. Author has divided his curse into a few sections which I do not remember either (what a double bad luck :///).

The unique thing about this tutorial was that its author started from very beginning of how to write mods in LUA. Then he explained things like when scripts are loaded by WoW, depending on which event is catched by script particular function LUA is run.

At the very end of course, author explained something like object programming by which I mean that if u define object like

MyObject = {}

u can "attach" function to this objext like below

function MyObject:initialize() {}

function MyObject:run()

etc.

I remember it was explained very clearly.

I know it's a question of where did u see a blond woman in red dress when It was mid day :P But if someone by any chance remember any kind of such course please provide the link.

Thank you.
02-20-09, 02:37 PM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yup that's the basic of lua you can put functions in tables, that is not property of wow.
The fresh tut you're probably looking for has moved in a book World of Warcraft Programming
there is big chances the guys that made the tut you have read long time ago have wrote the book.
That's an awesome book , I would have named it the bible of world of warcraft programming hehe
if im not wrong I think Kaelten, Cladhaire and Cogwheel wrote it.

Last edited by Mera : 02-20-09 at 02:40 PM.
02-21-09, 09:53 AM   #3
ZikO
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks for that.
02-21-09, 05:07 PM   #4
ZikO
An Aku'mai Servant
It's amazing that I found that.

It seems to be very old tutorial though but it's really helpful for all beginners. The link is here (Ten Ton Hammer)

Funny thing is that it was not in WoW Insider :P
01-02-11, 12:30 PM   #5
Apocryphal
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by ZikO View Post
It's amazing that I found that.

It seems to be very old tutorial though but it's really helpful for all beginners. The link is here (Ten Ton Hammer)

Funny thing is that it was not in WoW Insider :P
Thanks for sharing the link! Now I got some reading to do.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » UI tutorial.