04-08-09, 11:07 PM   #1
clamus68
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
MANY MANY Issues

Okay, got a subscription and DL'ed nUI+ and it STILL will not give me the option of 15+ Raids. I need those as I am an active Raider. I unloaded nUI and deleted the darn folder in the AddOn folder all to no avail. ANy ideas?

Carlos

04-08-09, 11:29 PM   #2
Deadlybeef
A Murloc Raider
make sure that you exit completly out of the game and then re-open and launch wow. when you log in you should see a welcome screen telling you you've upgraded to nui+ and give the version number. if you see that then just cycle through the unit frame modes by pressing the red mode button located under your chat frame in the lower left of the ui , and you should see all the raid modes all the way up to 40 raid mode.

hope this helped :-)

04-08-09, 11:47 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by clamus68 View Post
Okay, got a subscription and DL'ed nUI+ and it STILL will not give me the option of 15+ Raids. I need those as I am an active Raider. I unloaded nUI and deleted the darn folder in the AddOn folder all to no avail. ANy ideas?

Carlos
Also, what are your other issues out of the "many many"? You might get some help for those issues while you get your other issue settled if you ask.

04-08-09, 11:58 PM   #4
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this may be a silly question but are you able to cycle up to the larger groups manualy?
There is a common issue where groups are not cycling up by themselves for some people due to the group function being set to false instead of true by default like it should.
If this is what is happening try typing '/nui autogroup' to ensure it is on true.
not for pleasure
but for survival

04-09-09, 03:22 AM   #5
clamus68
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay in order-lol

1) I got the message saying I have been upgraded to version xxxxx.12 Release. I deleted the nUI folder in the Add Ons folder and then I reinstalled the nUI+ and it still is the same version. I tried to manually cycle through and it stops at the Raid 10.

2) I also DL'ed the Recount/Omen split window mod and of that doesn't work either.

3) By in large I am still sorting out the various Mods I use as I am getting a few Interface Errors. I will post those as they crop up.

These are my chief concerns as of now.

Carlos

04-09-09, 04:18 AM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If the message says you have version 5.01.012 Release then you have the wrong version. You should be downloading your copy from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIRelease.html and it should say "nUI+ 5.01.012" when you upgrade to it. As far as your recount/omen issue... have you installed Omen3 and Recount? They don't come bundled in nUI or the plugin.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-11-09, 12:10 AM   #7
clamus68
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I DID download the correct version-4 times to be precise and when I extract the files they are overwriting it but its not showing up on the screen. Vista asks do you want to replace... and so forth but its still not working. I am at a total loss as to what to do.

As to the Omen thing-well you have a plug in that allows you to view both Recount and Omen on the right pane and for some reason THAT isn't working either.

Carlos

04-11-09, 12:41 AM   #8
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

ok this may seem like a silly comment but are you sure you are instaling to the right folder? On my wifes vista machine it actualy looked like wow was installed in 2 places. putting addons in one of them had no efect on the game. Vista, go figure.
not for pleasure
but for survival

04-11-09, 06:18 AM   #9
clamus68
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Further Update

I uninstalled nUI. I then deleted the folders from my addons folder in WoW. I DL'ed nUI+ from the link above AGAIN. I then unzipped it and installed it and now it does not even load. I checked my Add Ons list using the button on the login screen adn it no longer appears. Overall an entirely frustrating deal since it appears that the only version that is working for me is the nUI regular version and since it lacks the Raid Capacity over 15, well it really just doesn't work for me.

Sorry, I tried.

Carlos

04-11-09, 06:25 AM   #10
clamus68
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yeah Vista can be a bear interms of redundancy but my system-thankfully-doesn't seem to have that issue. I am at a total loss unfortunately as to what to do. I guess I can go to the regular version again but it seems rather foolish to reinstall a watered down version of the mod that fails to do what I need. Hmmm oh well at least it has been an interesting ride.

Happy Easter
Carlos

04-11-09, 06:27 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah yes, the old vista /wow trick.

When you install wow on vista in the usual install folder (program files etc) it is not allowed to install any addon folders there and some other data. It actually places those folder in your user data directory.

Look for a folder similar to this : F:\Users\Public\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft. This is where it would normally store addons and other changeable data files.

If you find that putting addons in the game folder isn't making a difference then this is where you should put it instead. Also, bear in mind that if you asked for it to install wow just for your login you might have to look in a folder other than Public as this is for the general access users.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » MANY MANY Issues