06-01-09, 12:19 PM   #1
rould
A Defias Bandit
Map doesn't change to where I currently am

I've been having problems with carbonite not changing maps. For instance, I just went from SW to IF. After being in IF for about 5 minutes, I opened my map...and saw the map for SW instead. There my pointer was, running through buildings and canals. It's not always the last place I've been. Sometimes it overlays maps from other places I've discovered (never a map I haven't been to yet).

What is causing this?? I've reset everything to default and still get the same issues.

06-01-09, 12:33 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would start by deleting the Carbonite folders and reinstalling a brand new copy from here. Try it then. Also make sure to disable any other addons you may have to make sure there isnt a conflict somewhere. If it works fine with just Carbonite running, then start turning your addons back one, two, or a few at a time and make sure Carbonite still works. If you get to the end of it all and everything still works, then it's all good If when you turn on a particular addon Carbonite stops working properly, post again and mention which one. That will hep trying to further troubleshoot.

06-06-09, 10:47 PM   #3
TheMind
A Kobold Labourer
I to am having the same problem. I have uninstalled it and have tryed disabling all other addons. Both do not work. Even with the other addons that i have disabled it still has the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it?

Just found out that this problem is on only one of my charicters. Any help please. dont know if it matters but the charicter that it doesnt not work with is a troll priest

Last edited by TheMind : 06-06-09 at 11:27 PM.

06-13-09, 12:16 PM   #4
rould
A Defias Bandit
I've still got the same problem. Across all my toons. I even switched from one toon to another, and when i pulled up the map, it was the map for sunwell plateau where my lvl 70 camped, even though I was on my lvl 30 in Darkshore. The only way i get it to correct itself is to scroll ALL the way out, find where i am on the world and zoom in to that location.

06-13-09, 01:17 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Click the map, then click the scroll wheel on your mouse and it will change to the correct location.

06-15-09, 07:11 PM   #6
rould
A Defias Bandit
apparently someone deleted my reply? I shouldn't HAVE to scroll anything. It should open my map to where I am. Whats the use of having to search for my location every time? I've deleted ALL addons from my folder (minus the base WoW stuff) and reinstalled a fresh copy of Carbonite. Same crap. I'm on Sunwell Plateau, I open my map and it's the map for where I JUST came from...Terokkar Forest. There my dot is, hangin in the middle of a mountain on the map. There's a glitch. I've got friends who have the same issue using different addons than what I do so I know its not just conflicting with my addons.

I'd just drop the whole PoS addon, but it has some very nice features that I'd love to use. If only the #$% thing would work

06-16-09, 09:08 AM   #7
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No one deleted your reply. You were already asked to reinstall Carbonite. In addition you can try basic troubleshooting steps such as disabling all addons except Carbonite.

It is very likely that another addon is conflicting with Carbonite, causing your issue. Only you can troubleshoot it, but we can assist you.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

06-16-09, 05:09 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When you move, the map follows you. Right click the map and see if "Follow You" is unchecked.

06-17-09, 08:06 AM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
When you move, the map follows you. Right click the map and see if "Follow You" is unchecked.
This is a bug that I reported a very very long time ago. You told me to click on the scroll wheel to force it back to the right location.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map doesn't change to where I currently am