10-06-10, 09:52 AM   #1
jugernaut
A Kobold Labourer
Premium Member
Old version message?

On entering WoW, I get:

CARBONITE
This version is pretty old.
Visit carboniteaddon.com and check for a newer version.

Hovering over Mini-Map button shows Version 3.34, as do the internals in carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc.

3.34 seems to be the latest on the download site as well...

Is this just a "elapsed time" flag? Or is there a newer version that I haven't found yet?

10-06-10, 10:55 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35295

10-06-10, 12:00 PM   #3
Gwynydd
A Kobold Labourer

"This version is pretty old."

ditto. Don't get it. Will ignore until I hear different. I wonder if it's some new hack scam. I've never seen the message that a newer version is available phrased this way before.

10-10-10, 05:33 PM   #4
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gwynydd View Post
ditto. Don't get it. Will ignore until I hear different. I wonder if it's some new hack scam. I've never seen the message that a newer version is available phrased this way before.
its probably not a hack scam, seeing as the message is built into the mod itself.

you can find the message in the mod's code if you go into the following folder:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
once there, open the file

Carbonite.lua
and take a look at line 26063.

also, ChaosInc posted a quick fix here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...46&postcount=7.

Last edited by anseloth : 10-10-10 at 05:39 PM. Reason: edit 1: figured i better explain why i say it not a hack edit 2: corrected line number

10-10-10, 07:25 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Just out of curiosity, how would an addon "know" that a new version is available?

10-10-10, 11:45 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Just out of curiosity, how would an addon "know" that a new version is available?
If it can communicate with itself it can tell if someone communicating with you has a newer version. Much like DBM does it. When you party with someone using it they tell each other what version they are. Someone with an older version will be informed there are newer ones.

Carbonite just has a built in "timer" (for lack of a more accurate word) that simply tells you your version is old and that there *might* be a new one.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

10-11-10, 09:23 AM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Ah. I hadn't thought about the DBM thing. Thanks.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Old version message?