01-24-06, 06:58 PM   #1
Dalomar
A Kobold Labourer
Question about GetInboxInvoiceInfo()

I know the GetInboxInvoiceInfo function is new, but hopefully the concept of the problem I'm having is not. My problem is in Step 3 below

Step 1) Hook TakeInboxItem - when someone clicks on an item in their mail window to take the item into their bag - works fine

Step 2) Call GetInboxHeaderInfo - works fine, always pulls back the data

Step 3) If its an invoice, call GetInboxInvoiceInfo( ). It works sometimes, but other times it returns nil.

It ONLY happens on items that are still UNREAD, and it only happens sometimes. Once they are read (the icon is greyish looking now, 3 day til expire), it ALWAYS works. It seems like a timing issue or something. I'm consulting the script in the blizzard MailFrame.lua file and theirs looks the same. Any help, advice, or ideas to try would be much appreciated.

Thanx for any insight or advice,

Dal
02-28-06, 03:54 PM   #2
Lodran
A Defias Bandit
It's a cheesy hack if it works, but have you tried calling it a second time, if it returns nil?
02-28-06, 05:23 PM   #3
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On slow and laggy 'ol Doomhammer, you can see that it can take quite a while for the server to send the data for the invoice (same actually with sending the data for the text of the message) even though you can see the item/gold to click on it. And you can click on the item to "take" it long before the invoice contents shows up, although AFAIK you don't actually get the item until the data has arrived from the server first, and then the item is delivered to you (even if you clicked on it 5 minutes earlier).

So at the time you click on the item, the invoice data may not yet be available, but it should be available by the time the item is delivered from the inbox.

Hope that helps you get a handle on it

-- Cirk

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Question about GetInboxInvoiceInfo()