04-15-10, 05:43 PM   #1
Gorganite
A Murloc Raider
Automatic Buyout in AH

Please excuse me if what I am asking for is against WoW rules but I am sure that I have seen it advertised previously.

What I would like is a addon that constanly monitors the AH looking for items that have been specified. If the item in below a certain price then it automatically buys the item as soon as it is detected on the servers. This may be a feature of another addon, I use Auctioneer, but I don't know which it is.

And if there is a feature in say Auctioneer then I need to know how I set it up.

A basic example would be Netherweave Cloth. I set a limit on the addon so that it is looking at paying no more that 2g for a stack. As soon as the addon detects it on the AH it disregards any that is over 2g a stack and then buys all of the items that are priced below 2g. This would abviously be subject to a set amount of spending power, ie set a total limit of 500g. Then the addon reaches either that limit or runs out of Netherweave to buy then it stops. Then I would need the ability to reset it and so it starts again.

Sorry if I have not explained this very well. I look forward to your replies.

Cheers
04-15-10, 07:47 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure exactly how to set it up, but Auctioneer does have this ability. The module is called Snatch.
You choose your item/s that you want to keep an eye on for a certain price threshold. Then you do an AH scan. Hit the Search Tab at the bottom and choose Snatch from the searchers list to search the latest scan. Auctioneer will give you a list that you have to manually buyout or use the buy all button.
You will still have to hit OK to each purchase though. One action per click rule.
04-15-10, 07:58 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You would also have to be at the auction house where it can scan the auctions. So, unless you were willing to stand at the auction house 24 hrs a day running the scan every hour or so to get updates then it wouldn't be a continuous automatic option.

From the sounds of your request you were wanting something more automatic which unfortunately is not something we are able to do as Blizzard likes us to have input at a basic level. Whether it is to press a button to activate a script or click a button to execute its action.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
04-15-10, 09:10 PM   #4
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Gorganite View Post
Please excuse me if what I am asking for is against WoW rules but I am sure that I have seen it advertised previously.

What I would like is a addon that constanly monitors the AH looking for items that have been specified. If the item in below a certain price then it automatically buys the item as soon as it is detected on the servers. This may be a feature of another addon, I use Auctioneer, but I don't know which it is.

And if there is a feature in say Auctioneer then I need to know how I set it up.

A basic example would be Netherweave Cloth. I set a limit on the addon so that it is looking at paying no more that 2g for a stack. As soon as the addon detects it on the AH it disregards any that is over 2g a stack and then buys all of the items that are priced below 2g. This would abviously be subject to a set amount of spending power, ie set a total limit of 500g. Then the addon reaches either that limit or runs out of Netherweave to buy then it stops. Then I would need the ability to reset it and so it starts again.

Sorry if I have not explained this very well. I look forward to your replies.

Cheers
Auction buying is protected, as such it requires a key press to do any sort of buying. It used to be unprotected, but someone did what you were asking (Wayyy back in 1.10) and it got protected pretty quickly. At best, you can automatically scan the AH every X minutes and play a sound indicting you need to press a button to buy auctions.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Automatic Buyout in AH