10-10-05, 10:38 AM   #1
Hwap
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Need help with colorblind mod

There are certain times when you either arrow over or click on an item and it won't show the tooltip description we add. In the colorblind mod, we (the prior person and I...mainly the prior person) show the words Rare, uncommon, etc etc along with all the other item info. What I'm trying to do is track down all the times it doesn't show and it never shows in the AH on an item.

what event do i need to track inside the colorblind mod to make it go through and add the "rare" etc etc on items? If I can figure this out, I could probably also do the same for skinning, mining, etc etc (the actual herbs and ores on the ground, not the professions).

I'll be releasing a new version here in the next few weeks that has a graphical "option setting" ability since the command line version is a pain (imo that is).

-Hwap

PS: Yes, this is the same post as the one on WoW ui forum. .
10-10-05, 11:37 AM   #2
shouryuu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm a bit tired and don't really understand what you want to do... From what I understand the tooltip, when at the AH, doesn't show the item quality (rare, poor...). The best I can do is give you the function that should return the item quality of an item in the AH...

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_GetAuctionItemInfo

name, texture, count, quality, canUse, level, minBid, minIncrement, buyoutPrice, bidAmount, highBidder, owner = GetAuctionItemInfo("type", index);

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS I've heard that the quality values weren't correct (e.g 0 isn't always poor). This is what I remember having heard on the forums, never tested it out so can't guarantee it to be true.

Once you got the item quality insert rare, uncommon... in the tooltip depending on the quality.
10-10-05, 11:43 AM   #3
shouryuu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well i guess you found an answer
https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...p=1#post237581
I'm just tired, I would've given you a correct answer if I weren't :P
10-10-05, 11:58 AM   #4
Hwap
A Murloc Raider
well, i just logged in and found that it's not a problem with the main item (i moved the code back and it still worked fine [perhaps i was dreaming]). But the "secondary item", the item you wear and it compares to, how do i get access to that item?

IE:

Heartseeker is in the AH. I have the Barman Shanker wielded, and thrash in off-hand. It will show the heartseeker, then the other 2 items i have wielded....but it won't show the "Rare, UnCommon, etc etc" for those items.

Anyone have any thoughts?
10-12-05, 07:48 AM   #5
Hwap
A Murloc Raider
well, only 1 bug to work out and i think i've got it covered w/ the latest version of colorblind mod. Originally the new blizz* ui's threw me for a loop, but i managed to figure it out (IsAddonLoaded and LoadAddon are you friends ).

Basically i was overriding the Frame_Update functions for both Craft and Tradeskills Frames and it would load the Blizz* ui frame, thus overwriting my functions . Got that worked out and all works good again.

Now to fix the money issue.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Need help with colorblind mod