07-19-10, 12:31 PM   #41
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
oUF. I simply can't play with my unitframes in the top left of the screen and all this horrible artwork around it.

Second would be rActionbarstyler. Clean up that shiz.

Third is probably aBags. </3 I miss my pretty bags.

Oh and fourth is alleymap... Fullscreen map is too big and small map is too small.

07-19-10, 01:20 PM   #42
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
tbag without a doubt.

for dungeons, recount would be nice... i am having really different numbers from live and would like to investigate where its coming from, if its my cast times that are different, is my dps really lower... i dont feel like doing a combat log parser
You may be comparing apples to oranges.

Really, though, I don't understand how Recount makes it into this thread.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-10, 02:13 PM   #43
IQgryn
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Really, though, I don't understand how Recount makes it into this thread.
I dunno, I use the non-DPS portions of recount very heavily to try and figure out what happened with a fight that went bad. The deaths tab is almost always useful, and depending on the fight, the dispels, damage done by target breakdown, and other tabs can be very helpful.

07-19-10, 04:44 PM   #44
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

OmniCC, tullaRange, FluidFrames.
(or functional equivalents)

The End

I have a whole bunch of convenience addons that I would "like"
(including some of mine) but those 3 are essential.

07-19-10, 08:17 PM   #45
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You may be comparing apples to oranges.
I think a lot of people don't really get that Wow 4.0 is really WoW 2, the sequel to WoW, and that the entire game is changing. The mechanics are different. Skills are different. The basic formulas are different.

You cannot compare Cataclysm DPS to live as it's a completely meaningless comparison. It's like comparing Doom III to Unreal.

07-19-10, 09:30 PM   #46
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
I think a lot of people don't really get that Wow 4.0 is really WoW 2, the sequel to WoW, and that the entire game is changing.
WoW 4, check. we old-timers already went through this already, twice... already. with both Burning Crusade and WotLK, philosophy/theorycraft/balance/API/everything changed fairly broadly (at least, it all seemed pretty big at the time). this will be the third iteration of that process. sounds even bigger this time around, though (Blizzard seems intent on some major "simplification", rather than adding chrome... which is probably good).

has anyone tried Aloft yet? is it even minimally functional? i am pending a WoWI developer key (would be wonderful if i ended up with one).

i have already seen the post here in the WoWI forums on the new nameplate console variables (trying to figure out how to rationalize Blizzard dynamically resizing nameplates based on threat with what Aloft already does... if Blizzard continues to treat addon control of nameplate frame size as a "protected" operation, i will probably have to disable nameplate frame resizing/padding, at least as a user option).
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 07-19-10 at 09:36 PM.

07-19-10, 10:09 PM   #47
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by acapela View Post
has anyone tried Aloft yet? is it even minimally functional? i am pending a WoWI developer key (would be wonderful if i ended up with one).
Addons are still disabled, and probably will be for a while longer - there are parts of the default UI that aren't even finished, let alone implemented (no Guild UI, for example). The nameplate changes aren't complete yet either.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-20-10, 04:18 AM   #48
BethinkWoW
Premium Member
A consequence of the guild control being disabled is that you cannot /gquit at this time. So, think twice before joining a beta guild.

07-20-10, 06:34 AM   #49
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

guild ui is going to be ready in the next build, i heard

07-20-10, 04:49 PM   #50
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I thought all of the slash commands worked still?

07-20-10, 05:49 PM   #51
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by acapela View Post
WoW 4, check. we old-timers already went through this already, twice... already. with both Burning Crusade and WotLK, philosophy/theorycraft/balance/API/everything changed fairly broadly (at least, it all seemed pretty big at the time). this will be the third iteration of that process. sounds even bigger this time around, though (Blizzard seems intent on some major "simplification", rather than adding chrome... which is probably good).
Being an "old-timer" I have to say the phrase "WoW 2.0" for WoW 4.0 is apt, it really is that bigger change. Previous expansions have been just that "expansions" adding new spells here and there, adding a couple of talents, new zones etc. Whereas Cataclysm is different it definately feels like Blizz have gone back to basics seen what worked, what didn't and then reformed the game, the biggest testiment to WoW 2.0 is the complete reworking of Ogrimmar.

07-20-10, 07:01 PM   #52
Hakula
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
Mine is healbot or clique or some sort of click casting healing mod =X
Autobuff, many might not remember this one, but back in vanilla wow it was awesome!

(i just realized this was for cata beta, oops )

Last edited by Hakula : 07-20-10 at 07:04 PM. Reason: eureka :)

07-20-10, 07:44 PM   #53
BethinkWoW
Premium Member
I thought all of the slash commands worked still?
You do not get an error if you type /gquit - but you do not leave your current guild either. Same for /run, etc. No error message as would be shown for an unknown slash command, but no action either.

07-20-10, 08:29 PM   #54
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

I can get along without most of my addons; even Bartender isn't as big of a loss as it could be. But I'm finding that, on my DK at least, I cannot stand not having an alternate Rune display mod (Mine is Rune Pack).

Also, so much macro functionality has been temporarily removed, it's hard to adjust.

07-21-10, 01:26 AM   #55
Unkn
Premium Member

Does no one play a healer? I'd be at so lost without grid.

07-21-10, 01:40 AM   #56
IQgryn
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Does no one play a healer? I'd be at so lost without grid.
I do, but I didn't use grid until after I'd downed most or all of Naxx 10 in Wrath, so I'm find with just the party interface (which is kinda grid-like anyway now).

07-21-10, 01:41 AM   #57
Hamstah
An Aku'mai Servant
I got so used to grid as a healer that I feel uncomfortable without it when I dps :P

Though I've heard that the new raid frames have "grid like" functionality - though I can't really comment as I'm not currently in the beta.

07-23-10, 12:20 PM   #58
fuggaz
A Kobold Labourer
#1 Addon needed

Battleground alerter

07-23-10, 01:24 PM   #59
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm a tank, I have no other char that is worth talking about.

I need centralized simple unitframes, a debufftracker, OMNICC (OMG how I miss that one...), simple actionbars, simple chat, simple player buffs, simple minimap

Rest is obligatory.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

07-23-10, 05:55 PM   #60
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
I miss Bartender4... the default action bars so too spread out for me.

Oh and OmniCC and InlineAura for CDs and Procs.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » What is the #1 addon you are missing most right now.