06-02-09, 04:50 PM   #1
genepool
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite not installing???

OK, first of all, why is this not being allowed to work with WoWmatrix any more? Cuz it worked?

I have manually installed the files into the interface folder but when I go to check the add-on in the WoW add-ons list the only thing that shows up is Carbonite Nodes and Carbonite Transfer. The plain old CARBONITE is nowhere to be seen. What am I doing wrong if anything. I have installed more add-ons than I can count, I am pretty sure I am not doing anything incorrectly.

06-02-09, 04:59 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by genepool View Post
OK, first of all, why is this not being allowed to work with WoWmatrix any more? Cuz it worked?
The answer is here.

Originally Posted by genepool View Post
I have manually installed the files into the interface folder but when I go to check the add-on in the WoW add-ons list the only thing that shows up is Carbonite Nodes and Carbonite Transfer. The plain old CARBONITE is nowhere to be seen. What am I doing wrong if anything. I have installed more add-ons than I can count, I am pretty sure I am not doing anything incorrectly.
You might be able to find the answer here.

06-03-09, 04:00 AM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Perhaps the next time you have questions, you might consider NOT starting your post with a mini-tirade about something that has been gone over and over in other threads. You will find that the people here are extremely willing to help and in many cases will bend over backwards to help. But when you ask for help on the one hand and cop an attitude on the other, it kinda tends to dampen our enthusiasm for being helpful.

(I hope my fellow regulars on WoWI appreciate the fact that I carefully avoided making any "shallow end" jokes.)

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-11-09, 03:41 PM   #4
Thedarkness21
A Kobold Labourer
i cant get my to instal at all

EVERY timer i try top dowlaod carbonite it wont let me it is giveing me a ew folder instead of a zippeled file what do i do instead of getting a zipped carbitnite folder i am getting a document that i cant open

06-11-09, 07:09 PM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Thedarkness21 View Post
EVERY timer i try top dowlaod carbonite it wont let me it is giveing me a ew folder instead of a zippeled file what do i do instead of getting a zipped carbitnite folder i am getting a document that i cant open
Where are you downloading from and what version is it supposed to be?

I just re-dled it from here and everything is fine.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-17-09, 07:44 PM   #6
genepool
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
(I hope my fellow regulars on WoWI appreciate the fact that I carefully avoided making any "shallow end" jokes.)
Been using this handle since I was a charter member of AOL. Before there was anything to compare its suckiness to. Heard em all.

Pardon my frustration, but I never had ANY problems with the add-on prior to its removal from that other add-on manager. Now, I can't get it (Carbonite) to work at all. All three folders are in the add-on folder, but when I open WoW it only shows the Nodes and Transfers folders. The third folder is there but it is not showing up at all for me to place a check.

06-17-09, 09:10 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What OS are you using and can you post the full path to the three Carbonite folders? Namely Carbonite, CarboniteNodes, and CarboniteTransfer. That will be the greatest help.

06-18-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should look like in the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarboniteInstalled.png
Views:	606
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	2924  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite not installing???