10-17-12, 08:38 PM   #1
bacardee
A Defias Bandit
Hide player frame out of combat

Hi, I'm simply trying to hide the player frame out of combat. I've tried creating events that trigger

oUF_Caellian_Player:Show and oUF_Caellian_Player:Hide, but I'm not really that good with LUA.

Also typing /script oUF_Caellian_Player:Hide in game only briefly hides it, it disappears for half a second then comes right back. If anyone else is using Caellian's oUF and knows how to hide the player frame out of combat I would greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to keep everything minimal.

Here's the code i was trying to add:

Code:
local inCombat = UnitAffectingCombat('player')
	if(inCombat) then
		oUF_Caellian_Player:Show()
	else
		oUF_Caellian_Player:Hide()
	end
And here's where the playerframe is spawned (I think)

Code:
self:SetActiveStyle("Caellian")

self:Spawn("player", "oUF_Caellian_Player"):SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, caelLib.scale(oUF_Caellian.config.coords.playerX), caelLib.scale(oUF_Caellian.config.coords.playerY))
	self:Spawn("target", "oUF_Caellian_Target"):SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, caelLib.scale(oUF_Caellian.config.coords.targetX), caelLib.scale(oUF_Caellian.config.coords.targetY))
10-17-12, 10:14 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't just :Hide() and :Show() unitframes, because they are tied to the existence of a specific unit -- in this case, the player -- and the game constantly checks for the existence of that unit and shows or hides the frame depending on the result.

There are two easy ways to hide a unit frame:

1. Set the frame's opacity to 0. This requires only one line of code, but the frame will still be clickable even though it's not visible.

2. Reparent the frame to a hidden frame. This requires a little more code, but the frame will be completely gone:
Code:
local hider = CreateFrame("Frame")
hider:Hide()

-- To hide the frame:
oUF_Caellian_Player:SetParent(hider)

-- To show the frame:
oUF_Caellian_Player:SetParent(oUF_PetBattleFrameHider or UIParent)
I did notice a weird issue with reparenting recently, though... when I reparent my oUF player frame, it somehow screws up the points on the first aura icon, causing it to disappear, and I have to manually reset the icon's position (ForceUpdate doesn't reposition existing icons).

Last edited by Phanx : 10-18-12 at 05:57 PM.
10-18-12, 03:28 PM   #3
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
That piece of code will break slightly with commit 4efb78c75c7ed2afa2aaee572bc8e7bc1c69a695. A quick fix would be to parent the hider to oUF_PetBattleFrameHider, if it exists.
10-18-12, 05:59 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Updated my post... did oUF_PetBattleFrameHider or UIParent since oUF_PetBattleFrameHider won't exist for people using the latest version on WoWI.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Hide player frame out of combat