06-22-16, 08:24 AM   #1
tuskbreaker
A Murloc Raider
Angry Addon Requests for Legion

Hello! I am searching for these kind of addons:

1. Old stat panel look
2. Old animations look
3. Old UI look (mostly nameplates and removing the new combat health-resource bar that appears)

Might sound a bit stupid, but in all honesty; fuck the Legion look.
I hope that someone can scavenge those things from the game files now, before it's too late.
Thanks in advance!
06-22-16, 11:02 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know #2 isn't possible, addons don't have any control over the rendered game world. You can turn off your own nameplate (resource bar) in the interface options under the Names section.
06-22-16, 01:22 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

About #2 I think you can use the old models for characters. You certainly can in WoD. If it isn't in the Interface settings somewhere, it might be a CVar.
06-22-16, 01:30 PM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tuskbreaker View Post
I hope that someone can scavenge those things from the game files now, before it's too late.
Never too late, we keep (multiple) backups of every single revision of the UI files.
If it's feasible however is a different story, the new stat panel is a lot more readable (not an opinion, a fact), so I doubt anyone will take their time to revert back to a worse version.
06-22-16, 02:20 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
About #2 I think you can use the old models for characters. You certainly can in WoD. If it isn't in the Interface settings somewhere, it might be a CVar.
They deliberately disabled this in Legion because of the new animations.
06-22-16, 02:56 PM   #6
kvarixx
A Kobold Labourer
Msct

I'd like to get a scrolling combat text addon, much like MSCT to show what spells do what damage and so fourth.
06-22-16, 05:49 PM   #7
tuskbreaker
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Never too late, we keep (multiple) backups of every single revision of the UI files.
If it's feasible however is a different story, the new stat panel is a lot more readable (not an opinion, a fact), so I doubt anyone will take their time to revert back to a worse version.
Well, the problem is that I don't want change. I can't see my AP, damage, nor minor stats that i like to see. There have been attempts at creating a ''balanced'' version of the old stat panel and the new one, but it's not as good as the old one. New players might find the new one more appealing, but for me, it's just plain ugly.
06-22-16, 08:14 PM   #8
Rainrider
A Firelord
You may try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cterStats.html
06-24-16, 03:18 AM   #9
tuskbreaker
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
That is the exact one I was talking about. It's not good enough, the stats are too scattered and should have different panels, just like the one we have had these 10 years.
07-23-16, 12:44 AM   #10
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by tuskbreaker View Post
That is the exact one I was talking about. It's not good enough, the stats are too scattered and should have different panels, just like the one we have had these 10 years.

This hasn't been updated, but you might want to see if you can nudge the devs:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...52-Armory.html

I tried it for a while but decided I didn't need as much functionality as it had; among the things it was doing was scanning my bags, which was causing weird zoning issues. I didn't try to configure it very much.

I do remember reading that the information that used to be in the character pane was being included in the API so people could still access it. I haven't looked for anything to do that yet.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon Requests for Legion