05-09-09, 08:02 PM   #1
Danz!g
A Murloc Raider
nUI Help.

Ok, so I am new to the mod and it looks GREAT in the pictures that the author provided. I was using Xperl but this looks like it could be 20x better. But after disabling all my other mods I came in to this?

Now, I know it's something simple. But There are no moving avatars at the bottom, No health bars beside my character or nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
EDIT: I do have MikScrollingBattleText on as you can see.

05-09-09, 08:10 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Looks like you have the wrong version installed. The current Release Version is 5.03.01 and is available here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIRelease.html

What version do you have installed at the moment?

Last edited by Vis : 05-09-09 at 08:13 PM.

05-09-09, 08:20 PM   #3
Danz!g
A Murloc Raider
Okay, Your dealing with an idiot. But I have nUI v5.03.01 Release I Think.
And your link says I don't have authorization.

05-09-09, 08:26 PM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

See this post you need to subscribe to nuis news letter and follow all instructions in the email http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22313

05-09-09, 08:32 PM   #5
Danz!g
A Murloc Raider
First of all let me clarify that I, Oh wait. *Equips flame shield* I play on a private server. And I have played on them for a very long time, Now recently my server patched up to 3.1.0. And I patched up but then they Removed that server and only had the 3.0.9. So today I had to downpatch. Thus in my addon list and the character selection screen there in a bunch of Blizzard UI **** and if I turn it off I can't see my talents, my spellbook, Theres an addon for each of them. For instance Blizzardui: Spellbook. I cannot turn these off for obvious reasons. Is this what is throwing it off? EDIT: I turned off every single mod except nUI and same exact thing. Except now I couldnt access my Talents. :/

Last edited by Danz!g : 05-09-09 at 08:43 PM.

05-09-09, 08:52 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, that would be the reason. Unfortunately we have to upgrade the addon to reflect the official servers changes and they made many changes in 3.1 that caused many addons to fall apart.

basically any addon relating to talents, minimap, quest tracking and vehicles are affected as they were the main changes introduced.

05-09-09, 09:00 PM   #7
Danz!g
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yes, that would be the reason. Unfortunately we have to upgrade the addon to reflect the official servers changes and they made many changes in 3.1 that caused many addons to fall apart.

basically any addon relating to talents, minimap, quest tracking and vehicles are affected as they were the main changes introduced.
So everyone's getting facked? Or just me? :/

05-09-09, 09:04 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Danz!g View Post
So everyone's getting facked? Or just me? :/
Everyone that plays on a private server. All addons hosted here, I believe I can safely say, are designed for the live servers only. Suffice to say, if you aren't playing on a Live server, you're basically on your own.

05-10-09, 01:13 AM   #9
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Would one of the previous nUI releases not work? I believe Scott has all previous versions of nUI available for download on the home site, www.nuiaddon.com.

05-10-09, 01:27 AM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No clue there. I play on Live servers only and it works great.

05-10-09, 07:59 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One of the 5.0 versions should work... anything 5.01 or higher will not.

But, since you're on a private server, you won't be able to upgrade nUI anymore until they bring the server up to 3.1

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI Help.