11-30-09, 08:17 AM   #1
lovswr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mail notification & SHIFT + click not working

Hello, I am a new player to WoW & just recently found this wonderful interface.

I have looked but I do not see where one is notified of new mail in the interface. Is there some setting that I just overlooked or is it hidden in some way?

Also, of more import to me, after installing the nUI interface, SHIFT + mouse click is not working in regards to separating items. That is to say, I can no longer grab just one item of a stack of 3 or 10 or 20. I can only get the whole stack. This is very frustrating when using my guild bank & the like.

Again, I am new not just to this interface, but WoW in general, so it may be some common knowledge thing. In either case, TIA.

11-30-09, 08:19 AM   #2
lovswr
A Fallenroot Satyr

pic of my interface.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no mail nUI.JPG
Views:	619
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	3594  

11-30-09, 08:39 AM   #3
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The Mail notification will show at the top of the Minimap in the Bottom-Middle. It is very small and easy to oversee.

Some tips to your interface:
You really should change some things there. It is really to blink for me.
For Omen and Recount it gives another Addon named Skada, that is out of the box compatible with nUI.
There are many other things, but I don't play a hunter so I don't can say what you need. I only say it, because later in game, if you go into raid instances with 25 people, you need a really got look to what happen.

To better recognize some things, you should try TiTanPanel. There is a Mod, showing you if you get mail and many other things. Sorry I haven't any link yet. Maybe someone can give it to you.

Hopefully that nUI has won a new player who loves Scott's Addon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11-30-09, 09:47 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I noticed you seem to have an addon that gives you your character panel at the top of the screen as well. Might I suggest something for you to do to minimise the addons you need.

1. Disable all addons except nUI.
2. Play around a bit in PVE and see what is missing.
3. Enable the addons that gave you that functionality and repeat step 2.
4. Play around a bit in PvP/Arena if you do that stuff and see what is missing.
5. Enable the addons that gave you that functionality etc.

Finally enable the raid required addons that are still needed and you should be ready to go.

Any addons in your addon screen that you have yet to enable are probably incorporated into the nUI addon and thus no longer needed. If, however there is functionality in said addon that isn't in nUI feel free to discuss it in the forums as sometimes functionality like that is added into nUI for completeness.

Welcome to the nUI family and I hope you have fun playing with it

11-30-09, 10:19 AM   #5
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Like Xrystal said you might want to try disabling everything that isnt nUI and taking a look at the addon with nothing else on it. Then consider what you want to see in your UI. Right now you have an extra unit frames showing the information you already have in the center of your screen. When it comes to the mail if you want you can get a FUBAR or Titan panel addon that alerts you to when you have mail. Personally I disable the nUI use of the minimap with /nui minimap then use an older addon called Simple Minimap to have my map in the corner where the default minimap is.

This is an older screenshot but this is my what I have my layout like:

11-30-09, 08:38 PM   #6
lovswr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well I cleaned it up a little bit.

Pic 1 is nUI with addons that I'm satified with.

Pic 2 is the teeny, tiny mail icon.

Pic 3 is the World Map. As you can see at bottom there are coordinates, but two different addons are presenting. For the life of me I went through every thing I could find, but I don't know what is putting those there. I would like to disable one set, if possible.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_113009_203056.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	527.4 KB
ID:	3597  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_113009_212800.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	3598  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_113009_203022.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	537.6 KB
ID:	3599  

11-30-09, 08:59 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, I don't recall ever having overlapping coords on the map before but you could try going through any map or quest addons and see what options they have you can turn off. If not try and look and see if the standard blizz options has an option to turn off their display.

11-30-09, 09:47 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

One of those sets on the map is most likely from Questhelper. Haven't used it myself in ages, but I think the command was "/qh coords"

It may also be in the settings menu under "/qh settings"

I think you also have the possibility to turn off the showing of Cursor position in Cartographer too. I'm not 100% on that though

11-30-09, 10:42 PM   #9
Shadowfeonix
An Aku'mai Servant

one is cartographers coords system the other is i believe either nUI or QH

11-30-09, 11:09 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
As far as I am aware nUI doesn't do anything with the map.

12-01-09, 07:50 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI does put coordinates on the map. You can use the '/nui mapcoords' option to turn them on and off in nUI if you prefer to use the ones in Cartographer.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-01-09, 09:23 AM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
ooh learn something new everyday .. *blushes* .. guess I didn't actually read the slash commands when I wrote the LDB plugin rofl. Unless I missed that one totally because I didn't know it existed.

12-01-09, 09:57 AM   #13
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yeah Xrystal, I really let me think I m silly.

@lovswr:
You should use the LDB (from Xrystal) or ConfigGUI (from Kodewolf). Both enable easier configuration of nUI.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12-01-09, 10:18 AM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Telepavarion View Post
Yeah Xrystal, I really let me think I m silly.

@lovswr:
You should use the LDB (from Xrystal) or ConfigGUI (from Kodewolf). Both enable easier configuration of nUI.
Note though that the LDB is currently under Spiel's account as I am currently not able to get into Wow even to just test addons as my account cannot be renewed due to credit card maxed out and no job to speed up payments rofl.

12-01-09, 11:18 AM   #15
lovswr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
nUI does put coordinates on the map. You can use the '/nui mapcoords' option to turn them on and off in nUI if you prefer to use the ones in Cartographer.

It was nUI & QuestHelper. Since I never did figure out where to turn them off in QH, I did what you said. Now the World Map is clean.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120109_120925.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	3602  

12-02-09, 08:44 AM   #16
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

What I see now is the Problem it occurs to me to. The Fontsize is very big.

The easiest way is to install that nUI Plugin with the GUI Configtool:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ChatFrame.html
or you use Prat-3.0 and then change the Font and the Fontsize over Prat

I use both, because Prat doesn't work correctly in current Version, because it is not full compatible at the Moment. The PTR Version is already and if the next Patch is coming, it'll work. At the Moment you should use the config Tool for nUI for Font and Font size and disable in Prat everything have to do with Chatframe movement, ability and Editbox chaning.

If you only will use Prat, then you have to search in the Forum, somewhere standing what to change that Prat is correct working. Therefore you have to change some code in the lua-files. Be carefully with that if you doesn't know what you are doing and wait for the next patch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Telepavarion : 12-02-09 at 08:47 AM.

12-02-09, 11:34 AM   #17
Chmee
A Molten Giant
A suggestion: if you install Carbonite you can get rid of both cartographer and questhelper. There's a plugin module for carbonite, too, so the minimized carb map fits neatly in the nUI infopanel.

I do use Tourguide in addition to carbonite, to tell me what quest to do next.

12-02-09, 12:31 PM   #18
lovswr
A Fallenroot Satyr

About the font thingy.... I have to say I am very sorry for an earlier transgression. Before I got to nUI, I tried some other, lesser interfaces. One of which installed an entire font folder. I must admit I have grown quite fond of these fonts & am therefore reluctant to mess with them.

On the other hand, I will be checking out the "Jabba, where is Jabba..." addon as soon as the next time I logon!

12-02-09, 05:42 PM   #19
lovswr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Carbonite it is! Something strange though. I first read the reply about Carbonite while at work & took a look at curses (I use the curse client for addon installations). I could have sworn that carbonite was there, but when I got home to install it was gone. So manual it was & I think it looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120209_181821.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	3611  

12-03-09, 01:46 AM   #20
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A lot of things happened and some changes were made (too much to go into here), so now WoWInterface is Carbonite's official home. And yes, it will have to be downloaded/installed manually unless you're beta testing Minion (and I'm not sure if it's been added in there yet).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Mail notification & SHIFT + click not working