02-25-11, 05:36 PM   #1
dropdeadjames
A Murloc Raider
Smile Feature Request: Button Config

Something I'd really like to see is some more options concerning the minimap buttons. Right now my buttons are set up as a 1 column row on the right side of my screen, but a couple of things I wish I could do is re-sort them, add/remove certain buttons, have the option to have it appear on mouse hover only (0 alpha regular, 100 alpha mouseover), as well as the ability to move the panel or individual buttons anywhere on the screen.

One small irritance I'm unable to remedy is that future button spaces, (I have somewhere around 7 or 8 buttons, but there's room for more aparently) y'know the blank/empty ones...they are shown as a row of red circles that appear randomly and sometimes refuse to go away. Not sure what the cause of this is.

But anyway, yes, just some detail in button configuration would be great. Just my two coppers. Quite a useful addon.

Also, I have version 4.034 which I'm sure is the latest (I use curse client), however I saw in the forums somebody asking about archeology highlights, and they were told to right click, then click on show, then click archeology. But for me, archeology doesn't appear as an option with herb nodes mining nodes etc.

Does Carbonite even support archeology?

02-25-11, 07:17 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
About archaeology: I believe that will only show you where the dig sites are with a shovel icon. It won't show you the outline of the dig site (at present, at least) area. The method you are looking for is to right click the map, choose "Show", and check "Show Artifact Locations" in the next menu. If you would like to see the dig site boundaries, I refer you to THIS post.

If you don't want to see the minimap buttons all the time, take a look at Minimap Button Frame. I don't think it has a fade option, but you can set a key bind to hide/show it. You can also have the buttons ordered however you want them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Feature Request: Button Config