11-15-07, 08:53 PM   #1
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Black bar on screenshots - Alt Z

Does anyone know how to remove the black bar when taking screenshots? I don't see the full screen when pressing Alt-z. Sorry if there is an answer to this somewhere, I did a few searches and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks,

tknice
11-18-07, 06:06 PM   #2
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Anyone have an answer on this?
11-18-07, 06:22 PM   #3
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Viewport resized

This is happening because you have some addon that removed that part of the screen - a viewport resizer like Apperture. For that to work, you need to get back that portion of the screen setuping the addon.

Hope it helps.
11-18-07, 07:49 PM   #4
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the response bsides. I am assuming it is something like that as well, but I know my addons very well (including practially everything that came with mazzle) and I just can't figure out what it could be. There is no viewport addon that I know of in my interfaces folder (the one from CT or otherwise). I did use skinner at one point and I thought it could be that, but it has been removed for a long time. Are you saying that when you guys Alt-z, you have no black bar at the bottom? It's about two inches thick and the width of the screen.
11-18-07, 09:40 PM   #5
Coldfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tknice
Are you saying that when you guys Alt-z, you have no black bar at the bottom? It's about two inches thick and the width of the screen.
no we dont.

try listing ur addon.
11-18-07, 10:02 PM   #6
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Doesn't MazzleUI do this by default? As in, changing the screen aperture to make the black section at the bottom for all the UI info?

Somewhere in the downloads section was a "transparent" skin which takes away the screen aperture setting in the default UI, but then you have to be ok with how it looks when the UI is up.

W
11-18-07, 10:05 PM   #7
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
If you use the defaults for MazzleUI then yes you get the 2 inches on the bottom that is black... bsides, do you use Mazzle? Or have you modified it if you do?
11-18-07, 10:57 PM   #8
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Wolfang
Doesn't MazzleUI do this by default? As in, changing the screen aperture to make the black section at the bottom for all the UI info?

Somewhere in the downloads section was a "transparent" skin which takes away the screen aperture setting in the default UI, but then you have to be ok with how it looks when the UI is up.

W
yeah, wolf... I'm skeptical because it is the exact same height of the mazzle frame (excluding the side raised areas). Is there anything in Mazzle that would cause this? If noone knows, I can list my addons.

Thanks
11-19-07, 01:58 AM   #9
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If you're using mazzle the only way i know of is to disable the whole UI because WoW is modified by mazzle to show its display.
11-19-07, 06:14 AM   #10
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

I used MazzleUI until 2 weeks ago (since march) but grew tired of so many fixes all around this website so I did my interface (which is a lot like it, ha!).

MazzleUI does interfere in the viewport, so that part below your actionbars, chat and whatever else don't interfere in your actual playable window. I do not know what addon he uses for that but I believe it's in its core Mazzle.lua (or whatever it is). If that's the case, his FAQ should have this info. Have you tried? I'm going to check for you anyway.

And for what matters, even knowing the source and all, you'll probably get the same black bar anyway because that bar is from a resized viewport... I'll check just becuase I'm curious.

EDIT: as I said, core stuff. MazzleUI_Frames.lua below proves it... it is a smart function by the way, since it get the amount it'll resize by the resolution. I miss when Mazzle was on.

function MazzleUI:CreateViewport(bottom)
-- Based on cr_Viewport post in the Ace forums http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2056.0

self.ViewportOverlay = WorldFrame:CreateTexture(nil, "BACKGROUND")
self.ViewportOverlay:SetTexture(0, 0, 0, 1)
self.ViewportOverlay:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", UIParent, "TOPLEFT", -1, 1)
self.ViewportOverlay:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", UIParent, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 1, -1)

local currentXResolution, currentYResolution = self:GetCurrentResolution(GetScreenResolutions())
bottom = (bottom*(currentYResolution/1200))
WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0)
WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, (bottom * (768 / currentYResolution)))

end

Hope it helps :P

Last edited by bsides : 11-19-07 at 06:19 AM.
11-19-07, 09:13 AM   #11
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Cool, thanks for looking into it. Although I am maintaining an Addon Pack, there's still a lot I do not know about the inner workings of much of it, though I usually find it pretty quickly when things come up. The only reason I was wondering about your answer was that because it was a post in the Mazzle forum, it's pretty much assumed you use MazzleUI and that you would have the same issues that most of the users would have.

It actually is a good thing that MazzleUI cuts things off at the bottom btw, for those of you that are wondering now why it's like that. Keep in mind that, for the most part, you are never wanting to see that bottom part of your screen (except for the times in which you want to take a screenshot obviously) and that would be wasted processing power by both your video card and cpu to have that part of your screen covered up and never seen. Because so much of it is hidden, covering that up, especially on high resolutions (e.g. like my resolution I run at 1680x1050 in which it looks like 1680x131 by the code below is used by UI only), is mostly non-changing content.

If you want to use the transparent skin that is posted, go ahead, but you most likely will notice a change in performance.... and not sure it even works with my Addon Pack unfortunately. I may try this tonight.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Black bar on screenshots - Alt Z