03-10-10, 08:31 AM   #1
InfernalChaos
A Defias Bandit
How to remove the AFK warning in chat box

Hi, everytime one of my friends go AFK, there is a message that pops up in the chat box every 2 seconds saying he/she is AFK. Is there any way of removing that?
03-10-10, 08:47 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by InfernalChaos View Post
Hi, everytime one of my friends go AFK, there is a message that pops up in the chat box every 2 seconds saying he/she is AFK. Is there any way of removing that?
If you goto your chat settings (hover over your chat tabs, Right click on the "General" tab, select the Settings option from the the menu that pops), you will able to select what messages (along colors and such) get displayed in a given chat tab. I usually create a tab called "Spam" and banish most automated messages to that tab along with /2 (Trade) and /y (Player yells).

Now normally you only get the AFK message if you send a message to that player via /w. It sounds like you have got a mod that is automating this (sending the message). This is likely a friends sync type of mod.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-10-10 at 08:51 AM.
03-15-10, 06:26 PM   #3
InfernalChaos
A Defias Bandit
I tried what you said, but the message was still appearing. I tried disabling carbonite and the AFk message stopped spamming. Oddly, on my other account, i have the same addons, but with that one it doesn't spam the AFK messages, i checked the options of both account and they are exactly the same.
03-15-10, 09:25 PM   #4
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

do you run WIM? If so, the status poll WIM makes is may be doing it.
03-16-10, 01:01 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

If you get the chance, take a screenshot of your AddOns folder and attach it to a new post to this thread. Or disable half your mods, see if you get those AFK messages, no message, disable that half and enable the half. If you see the messages, then disable half the enable mods, look for the message then rinse and repeat until you ID the culprit.
03-17-10, 12:45 PM   #6
InfernalChaos
A Defias Bandit
Ok, i disabled all of my add-ons, then i tried them one by one , and when i tried Carbonite, the AFK messages appeared again, so its definitely carbonite.I tried putting almost everything in the options off but the dam message still appears
03-17-10, 01:48 PM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I am curious, what server are you playing on?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to remove the AFK warning in chat box