09-01-10, 09:14 AM   #1
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Grid / Chat in one. (Switch with macro)

I have no idea how to do this, or what addon to use.

In my UI (which is pretty ugly), I have made a couple of "boxes" with KgPanels. Now, since I'm a Druid / Mage, i have to use Grid to remove curses.

But when I'm out of the raid, I hide my grid. Now there is a big hole in my UI. Since I change my Grid Profiles with macros, isn't it possible that there is a Chat-addon that has a profile feature aswell?

So i could make one chat-profile that includes trade channel in my main chat window, and one profile where i display trade in an additional window.

I couldn't do this with Prat (atleast I couldn't find a way to do it )

Thank you so much in advance.

-Psychoholic

Last edited by Psychoholic : 09-01-10 at 09:17 AM.
09-03-10, 09:10 AM   #2
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If it's not possible, does anyone have an idea what i could show inside that box if grid isnt shown?

Last edited by Psychoholic : 09-03-10 at 05:07 PM.
09-04-10, 11:37 AM   #3
xtoq
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can probably do this with kgPanels by just anchoring the panel to your frames and adding the appropriate code, but you'd have to go to their forums and ask if it's possible and how because that's far out of my league.

/edit: I reread your post, and if it's just a matter of switching profiles, then you can use Reflux to do this easily. With a macro. Sorry, I kind of misunderstood your post the first time around!

Last edited by xtoq : 09-04-10 at 11:39 AM.
09-04-10, 09:34 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

I don't know of any chat addons that actually manage the chat windows and their positions, as that requires hooking into and/or overwriting a lot of Blizzard code.

You could probably accomplish what you want by simply hiding the chat frame in your macro:

Code:
/grid profile choose Profile1
/run ChatFrame3:Hide()
Code:
/grid profile choose Profile2
/run ChatFrame3:Show()
I am curious, though, why you need to change your Grid profile. You can hide the frame while not in a raid simply by setting your "Solo" and "Party" layouts to "None".
09-05-10, 07:57 AM   #5
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I change it because the size of the grid window should always be the same. If I'm in AV i want the 40m layout, but I don't want the grid window to be bigger then in a 10m.

But the main question is just how i can make 1 chat window dis/appear with a macro. And maybe even change what one chatwindow displays. (Hit a macro, hide/show xx channel)

Thank you for your help so far
09-06-10, 03:24 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Well, the macros in my last post will hide or show the chat window. Just change "ChatFrame3" to the name of the specific chat frame you want to hide or show.

Changing what channels are shown in a window is more complicated. It would be easier just to set up two different windows, put them in the same place, and use a macro to swap which one was shown:

Code:
/run ChatFrame4:Show()
Code:
/run ChatFrame3:Show()
10-20-10, 12:38 PM   #7
Nillerr
A Fallenroot Satyr

You could also reduce it to one macro:
Code:
/run local c3,c4 = ChatFrame3, ChatFrame4; if (c3:IsShown()) then c3:Hide(); c4:Show(); else c4:Hide(); c3:Show(); end
Will show or hide ChatFrame3/4 depending on which one is shown.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Grid / Chat in one. (Switch with macro)