09-13-11, 05:27 AM   #1
CalifBill
A Murloc Raider

oUF update for CURSE.COM

The Curse Client notified me to update to release 1.5.13 from 1.5.11. But, would only update from this site which did not change the release # in the Curse Client. Since it continued to notify me to update, I had to IGNORE the addon and now I will not be notified of any future updates.
Is there any way to fix the update version so I can take if off ignore?
09-13-11, 09:34 AM   #2
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hm, Curse.com? You do realize that this is WoWInterface.com right? MMO-Minion is the application used to update addons hosted on this site.

Or am I missing something?

If the Curse application says oUF is out of date, you should try updating it from their site. Could be an older version up here, but I'm just guessing.
09-13-11, 10:19 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'm confused. Could you try that again, please?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-13-11, 01:48 PM   #4
CalifBill
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by lerb View Post
Hm, Curse.com? You do realize that this is WoWInterface.com right? MMO-Minion is the application used to update addons hosted on this site.

Or am I missing something?

If the Curse application says oUF is out of date, you should try updating it from their site. Could be an older version up here, but I'm just guessing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course I know this is WoWInterface and also know the difference, but the addon is listed on Curse and THEY told me to update it.

I DID try to UPDATE from THEIR site and a message said that it could ONLY be updated from the oUF webpage on Curse and not done automatically.

Seems to me that if you are going to have a webpage on their site, you could at least make it possible to get the update from them. All you would have to do is UPLOAD the update to their site.

Just forget about it.... I will locate someone that is more helpful.
09-13-11, 01:59 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Errr, I'm sorry, but I'm still confused. We don't have any webpages on their site.

It isn't that we don't want to be helpful, it is just that we aren't understanding what you are talking about.

Were you trying to update using an automatic updater? If so, whose? Ours, or Curse's?
09-13-11, 03:26 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't see the oUF core listed on Curse at all...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-13-11, 03:48 PM   #7
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Neither do I, all oUF stuff I can find on Curse is layouts and such.

Code:
Just forget about it.... I will locate someone that is more helpful.
Really? You think we're answering you to mock you, to make fun of you? I'm replying simply to help you, but to help you I have to ask you stuff, see that you got the hang of things and what you've done. If you're looking for help, that attitude will not get you far.

Are you sure it's not a layout for oUF that Curse Client wants you to update? What's the exact name of the addon showin in Curse Client? Would be odd if it is oUF_Core since that doesn't exist over at Curse.

I think the most recently updated version of oUF (no beta) is hosted here on WoWInterface. If Curse Client is telling you lies I'd say downloading here and ignoring your Curse Client is your best bet. Just like you did.
09-13-11, 04:48 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This may alleviate some of the confusion everyone is having, as this has happened to me before.

The Curse Client seems to list some addons even though Curse.com does not host them. Their Client recognizes the addon, but cannot update it, instead what happens is that the Curse Client provides a link that opens directly to that Addons page here at WowInterface.com .

The only thing I can guess is that something in an addon's .toc file is pointing here which is written in such a way that the Curse Client can then tell the user they must come here and manually install the addon.

Hope that helps to clarify what is happening to the OP a bit.

*Edit* Going to go through my addons and see if I can find a specific one that shows me the message

*Edit2* For me the specific addon was LightHeaded. The Curse Client actually has a column you can show with "Download Source" that points specifically to WowInterface.com .

Last edited by Vis : 09-13-11 at 04:58 PM.
09-13-11, 05:05 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If that is the case, then okay, I understand what the problem is now. However, it isn't that we put a page up, it's that they are providing a link to our site because they don't have the addon in question. It's a courtesy that they are extending, rather than just leaving users hanging going "okay, you don't have it, where am I supposed to get it then?"

So, if that is what is the situation that the OP was trying to get at, then the answer is to just get the addon from here and install it manually or to use our installer, Minion.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » oUF update for CURSE.COM