Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-24-12, 06:42 PM   #21
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

If you're checking out a local copy via SVN, it is 100% default SVN functionality that the checkout path uses the repository name (at least with TortoiseSVN; not sure about other clients). Checking out from WowAce may appear different because WowAce uses the project "slug" as the repository name (eg. "smartres2") instead of something with a numeric ID, but it's not actually different. You can change the path during checkout, or rename the folder afterward. Anyone doing SVN checkouts on a library in alpha development is probably savvy enough to figure out how to rename a folder.

(On a side note, if you're on a case-sensitive filesystem, a default checkout from WowAce using TortoiseSVN will be just as broken as a default checkout from WoWI, because the folder name "smartres2" won't match the TOC name "SmartRes2.toc".)

Also, the SVN repo for LRI has the svn:externals property set correctly, so it will include LibStub and CallbackHandler-1.0 in the checkout.

If you're embedding it in your CurseForge/WowAce addon via .pkgmeta, do the same:

Code:
externals:
    Libs/LibResInfo-1.0: svn://svn.wowinterface.com/LibResInfo-976/trunk
The only possible issue I can think of is that people downloading the -nolib package of your alpha version through the Curse Client won't get the library, but I don't really consider this a problem, since the library is not ready for release and should not be used in a release addon yet. Once it is ready for release, it will also be posted on CurseForge so the Curse Client will be able to get it.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-25-12 at 05:23 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » LibResInfo - resurrection info without comms