09-30-12, 08:50 PM   #1
tawaraya
A Murloc Raider
missing action buttons

the buttons which wont shop up for me is the buttons to get out of chess pieces in kara. button to use hammer in the new panda brew 5man dungeon which is needed to use on the adds to kill them during boss fight. also button on ultra in ds. so mostly vehicle buttons so is there anyway for me to fix that and get them to show when i need them?

10-01-12, 12:45 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The ultra fight uses the extraactionbutton1 for that fight so possibly they changed the others to use it as well.

Until I clean up and identify all the changes needed to get it to work in nUI5 the quickest way would be to use a macro to /click extraactionbutton1 and use that when you need to. But hopefully within the next few days I'll have something that can be used to get it to work. Just need to do some more test runs after I tidy up the code and make sure I didn't miss anything.

10-01-12, 10:52 PM   #3
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I've encountered two landscape quests in MoP so far that require ExtraActionButton1 to complete, and nUI5 doesn't show the button.

Both quests are in the Valley of Four Winds.

One is a relatively early quest in the zone's quest flow, where you have to use a lasso to jump aboard a large bird. While you're fighting the bird (in the air), after a few seconds the bird will grab you in its talons, where you take continuous damage and can't do anything else. The button is used to escape the death clutch and return to the bird's back so you can resume fighting. The first time I attempted the quest, I couldn't figure out what was going on, so eventually it killed me. Then I Googled and saw that it requires using the ExtraActionButton.

The second landscape quest requiring the button is one of the final ones in the zone, at the Stormstout Brewery (note: not a dungeon quest). A giant hozen attacks you and stuffs you in a barrel. The only way to escape is to use the button. The hozen can't be fought, and paths back and forth through an area where you have to be to do other quests, so you will likely get "kegged" and need to use the button a few times. Since there's little risk of dying here, this would be an ideal quest to debug any fix to the button without requiring a group, if you can reach it.

Rather than using a macro, I just key-map it to an easy-to-reach key combination (I use Shift+Enter) using the Blizzard key-mapping panel. When the button isn't active, hitting the mapped key(s) doesn't have any effect.

10-02-12, 01:00 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yep, those quests are what helped me test my attempts at getting the button to display at the right place at the right time ...

I've tidied up the code and gone back to the base code for 5.07.26 and inserted the changed files and just waiting for the next quests to appear that need to use it but for those that want to test it out as well here goes with the changed files.

Just place them in the bars folder and logout (if you are still in the game) and log back into the game.

Then sit and wait or abandon and retry if you still have one of these quests still available.
Attached Files
File Type: xml nUI_Bars.xml (6.0 KB, 1210 views)
File Type: lua nUI_ExtraActionBar.lua (6.3 KB, 567 views)

10-02-12, 01:38 AM   #5
Helidoc
Hoghead

Xrystal,

I got this
Code:
["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Bars\\nUI_ExtraActionBar.lua:120: ExtraActionBarFrame:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named 'nUI_HUDLayout_PlayerTargetBottom'",
When I loaded up the game after adding these files.

10-02-12, 08:33 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
ok scratch that idea. it was a last minute change to get it to initialise near the hud area. I'll make some other changes. I didn't get the error myself so it might be a set up thing so I should change it so it works on everyones set up.

10-03-12, 04:34 AM   #7
lightguidste
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yep, those quests are what helped me test my attempts at getting the button to display at the right place at the right time ...

I've tidied up the code and gone back to the base code for 5.07.26 and inserted the changed files and just waiting for the next quests to appear that need to use it but for those that want to test it out as well here goes with the changed files.

Just place them in the bars folder and logout (if you are still in the game) and log back into the game.

Then sit and wait or abandon and retry if you still have one of these quests still available.
i wil try those aditions out found a daily repeatable that also uses that button if it spawns in vo4w its the chicken search repeatable at lvl 90 for the tillers faction wil give u a feed back afther tomorow if its again selected .

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » missing action buttons