03-23-09, 05:38 PM   #1
Tonfish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looking for a chat addon to....

Hi there! I've searched all over the wowinterface chat mods, tried a LOT of them, but I didn't find what I'm looking for. I'm making a minimalistic UI for myself with a couple of basic addons and I need a chatmod which can:

1. hide/show dependeing combat/stance state.
2. align the messages horizontally AND vertically (left/right, up/down)
3. remember channels and whispers (last used is always first)
4. basic customization (timestaps, player's level, player's class by color if possible...)

Well that's all, I know that most of the chat addons can do number 1. 3. and 4.

And first of all I need a mod which can align the messages in the chatbox to the TOP. What I mean is: I want to move the chatbox to the top of my ui, and I want all the messages to appear on the TOP first, and then moving down with the increase of messages and text. So that the last message will always be on the top of the old messages.

I use 2 chat addons to hide/show the chatbox depending if I'm on combat, and I use the other one to customize the chat interface. So if I can find an addon, or somone has the will to make a basic addon which can align the chatbox to the top, I'd be more than happy. But if someone has an addon which can do number 1.-3.-4. and will add number 2. to the options of that addon. Well, that'd be the best coz then I could use 1 addon instead of 3.

I've already found an addon which has the option to align the messages to the right and I found it very useful. I hope I'm not alone with this request, so pls post a message if you also find this "align-to-the-top" option useful.

Last edited by Tonfish : 03-23-09 at 09:58 PM.
07-26-09, 01:59 PM   #2
Tonfish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Update: Well, it seems noone is interested in something like that
07-26-09, 10:27 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like the align to top issue is the only thing that hasn't been done out there.

I personally would find no use for it as my eyes are almost consistently at the bottom of the screen so all my accessible items are at the bottom of the screen not the top. Only the Titan Panel is at the top.

I'm sorry if no one else was interested but unfortunately it isn't something I want to do either but then you could always manually drag your chat window to the top of your screen anyway.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-26-09, 10:40 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The OP is not talking about placement of the window. They want the newest message to be at the top of the window as opposed to the bottom. Basically filling a window the opposite of how it does normally.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-26-09, 10:41 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
The OP is not talking about placement of the window. They want the newest message to be at the top of the window as opposed to the bottom. Basically filling a window the opposite of how it does normally.
Ah gotcha, my apologies.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-27-09, 05:53 AM   #6
Tonfish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, you got a point there. Am I the only one who wants a minimalistic interface with only the 2 rows of mini-actionbars on the bottom?

My interface basically has 2 functions:

Everything hides when in combat (only 2 actionbars at the bottom are visible, and dmeter+threatmeter if in raid). Using metahud it's really a minimalistic ui. But when i'm not in combat, I want only actionbars at the bottom, and the chat frame, map, combat channel and everything to the top.

Guess it will never happen :_(

But thanks for posting anyway

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a chat addon to....