07-11-07, 01:18 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Warrior Spec

I made a Orc warrior last night. Mostly because I missed my first toon, Thargos 24 warrior( I don't know if a GM can restore him or not). Well, I came up with a spec for my warrior for when I get him to level 70 (he's an alt, it will be a while). Here is a Link to the build. It's mostly prot, with a couple points in Arms. I have a problem though, I want to put some points into Fury, but I can't figure out what to take points from to put them in Fury. I basically just want improved Demoralizing Shout and Unbridled Wrath (good?).

Thanks for any help.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-11-07, 03:32 PM   #2
cattuss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

First off, yes a GM should be able to restore your previous warrior (good news I know)

Second, personally I would go for something along the lines of this spec for the lvl 70 prot spec build.

I personally run with a spec like this (cattussblack on EU bronze dragonflight if ya want to check) through kara and find it a nice spec even though completelty rubbish at PvP!

If you don't take anything else from the spec that i have put up, all I ask is that you don't use 'imp rend' as it suck major balls :P

Also the shield wall and last stand can save your healers a lot of hassle on boss fights

Well good luck in getting your char back, and gratz on rolling a warrior ( we need more :P)

edit: and by the way I know my gear isn't the greatest so thats why i make up for it in kinda going balls out in the prot tree! and a lot of people like the 5 points in cruelty, but i like the imp shield bash and imp revenge for the silence and stun respectively!!

Last edited by cattuss : 07-11-07 at 03:36 PM.
07-11-07, 03:39 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Later tonight I'm going to ask a GM to restore him...to back I cashed away all his gear for the gold and sent it to my warlock >.<..so I'll have a naked tauren with no gold..or armor..oh well..and he has the same name as my new warrior..could be a problem..

I should have mentioned that I'm making him for mid game- end game PVP. I was gonna gt both my locka dn warrior to 70 and dual-box them for PVP .

Thanks for any mroe help.

07-11-07, 05:19 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you go deep in protection tree as cattuss suggests I'd propose a slightly revised build
like 10/0/51

Tank's 2 most important jobs is to generate threat and mitigate damage.
Related to threat apart from the obvious choices (defiance) is decent rage generation and damage enhancing talents.

It's one of the reasons Cruelty 5/5 is popular for tanks as well.
Imp heroic strike, Imp thunderclap, Imp sunder armor, 1hand specialization, focused rage and shield slam fall under the threat producing category (rage savings for use on specials and/or increased damage/threat).

Most the other talents are damage mitigation talents or utility talents.
Imp revenge is not such a hot talent for a tank imo... for 2 reasons:
1. alot of creeps in higher dungeons are immune to stuns.
2. for those that are not immune, a semi-random stun gets in the way of another important tank skill, namely moving the tanked mobs to proper locations (eg. away from crowd control so that AE can be done)
Randomly stunning a mob when you want to position it, is not very good.
So you exchange a bit mitigation (mobs don't do damage when stunned) with better control of your environment.

Imp taunt is also not essential.. if you need to spam taunt so that the 2sec make a difference there's bigger problems in your team than the 2sec can solve.

Same goes for Imp shield wall.
It's situationally useful but 5sec is not worth spending 2 points.

Imp defensive stance 3/3 is 6% less magical damage taken which is good enough not to be scoffed at.
Also tactical mastery helps alot when stance-dancing (fears, intercept, execute).
Provides alot of utility, if not 3/3 at least 2/3
There's alot of difference between switching with 10 rage and switching with 25
(looking at specials rage costs tells the tale)

Just my 2c

Last edited by Dridzt : 07-11-07 at 05:30 PM.
07-11-07, 05:23 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks for that Dridzt, I think that's the build I'm gonna use

09-17-07, 01:45 AM   #6
GrassMat
A Murloc Raider
Well, just thought I might say my spec here that I like more than any other I've been

11/4/46
10-07-07, 10:37 PM   #7
Palo
A Murloc Raider
Warrior specs that I've put thought up... the best in my experience

MT spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0szZZbEtohMdcest

OT spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0czZEVZbApoIMz0xs

Arms spec (raid)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0cdAio0cdVoVV0V0hZb

Fury spec (raid)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LhhsdhbZVV0VxxoVuVob

Shout spec (melee enhancement for raids)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LhbfkhbZEE0Vxxoz0VZb
(can be modified for 2h's but this is the most effective in my experience)

Arms spec (pvp)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0cdAbq00zbZVVzuMxRc

Fury spec (pvp)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0b0bZVVzAxxRVuio
10-08-07, 03:40 AM   #8
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Dridzt
Imp revenge is not such a hot talent for a tank imo... for 2 reasons:
1. alot of creeps in higher dungeons are immune to stuns.
2. for those that are not immune, a semi-random stun gets in the way of another important tank skill, namely moving the tanked mobs to proper locations (eg. away from crowd control so that AE can be done)
Randomly stunning a mob when you want to position it, is not very good.
So you exchange a bit mitigation (mobs don't do damage when stunned) with better control of your environment.
Here's a suggestion, why not refrain from using your improved revenge until you've positioned your mob? Just a thought...

As I agree that mitigation and threat generation are two of a tank's primary concerns, I would offer that avoidance is a third concern. Improved Revenge is an outstanding tool in this capacity. Thus, I consider it an essential talent for a protection warrior. I have been in many situations where buying the extra seconds has been invaluable to survival (giving a healer an extra couple of seconds to land a heal on me, etc.). Granted it only works on trash mobs (for the most part), I still find it as a critical tool. At the very least, it shouldn't be discarded because it makes crowd control a bit more complicated.

As a prot warrior (when I raid that is, arms/fury outside of instances so don't go by my current spec/gear as a reference in other words), I find the Shadow Priest talent called Blackout to be infinitely more annoying. It truly is random (Imp Revenge at least has an on/off switch) and is a pain in pulling mobs, setting up fight environments, etc.

I understand there are 100's of ways to spec a tank, I just had to offer a slight different point of view as to the value of Imp Revenge. Most protection warriors I work with/around have it.

Happy Tanking
10-08-07, 07:12 AM   #9
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Republic
Here's a suggestion, why not refrain from using your improved revenge until you've positioned your mob? Just a thought...
Happy Tanking
Like you said, there's variations in style and build that can all work.
I already pointed out you exchange some avoidance (not getting hit for a couple seconds) with better control of the fight environment by leaving Imp Rev out of the mix.

I assumed you will never refrain from using revenge when it lights up as it's an amazing threat/rage-expenditure skill that all tanks strive to take advantage of,
especially in rage-starved situations like the start of fight.
Not using it is not really an option, if you want to create the best threat you can.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Warrior Spec