01-10-10, 04:14 PM   #1
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

new nUI and party roles

been using the latest nUI and the roles don't always work, or sometimes only 4 will work, sometimes just 1 will work.

01-12-10, 12:52 AM   #2
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've noticed this too. Having trouble seeing roles which makes it difficult to manage my /assist macros. :P

01-12-10, 07:11 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I never saw the roll icons until the latest release of nUI, and now I see them all the time. So far (knock on wood) none have disappeared on me.

Jasmer; I was using a ton of assist macro's at one point (almost a full macro page full lol), until I learned how to use the Focus. Create two macros. One for /focus and one for /clearfocus. Whoever the tank is, target them and hit your focus macro. That puts the tanks unit frame in place of the minimap, and you can use the red target button on their unit frame to assist. To clear it, just hit your clearfocus macro. It took me awhile to get use to, but wow did it ever save me some space in both my macro page and actionbar!

01-30-10, 11:24 AM   #4
Cesard
A Fallenroot Satyr
Not sure if this has been noted elsewhere.. But will mention it here.

Before the fix was made to show the roles, you could see whether or not you were in a heroic, because on the minimap there would be a skull with the number 5 below it. That indicated you were in a heroic. If it wasn't there, you were in a normal run.

After the fix that shows your roles in the group, that skull with the number 5 below it disappeared.

My question is, is there any other way to determine if you're in a heroic or a regular instance now?

Thanks!

01-30-10, 01:01 PM   #5
Cesard
A Fallenroot Satyr
Nevermind.. Finally found it.

Found obscure references in other related posts regarding a location box.. And once I figured out what that was referring to, it put me on the right track.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » new nUI and party roles