02-22-07, 01:48 PM   #1
Muffn
A Defias Bandit
Looking for a chat mod.

Is there a chat mod out there that allows me to put certain people on ignore in guild chat without having to put the person on ignore?
02-27-07, 12:08 PM   #2
Muffn
A Defias Bandit
/bump

I'm really in need of a way to filter out some of the immature poeple in guild chat without it interfering with my raiding or partying with them. I know this would be a mod we could all find a use for.
02-27-07, 12:53 PM   #3
Lacindas
An Aku'mai Servant
personally, i wouldnt want to raid or party with anyone i felt the need to /ignore in gchat in the first place. but to the point, as far as i know, the only way to filter gchat is to place the person on your ignore list.
I suppose it would be possible to write a mod to watch the gchat channel for specific names you add and block those messages, but i dont know of any that exist, nor see the need for such a mod.
02-27-07, 01:12 PM   #4
Muffn
A Defias Bandit
So at no time have you felt the need to quiet the person that likes to spam paste random facts and news off the web, in to guild chat. Or the guy who likes to recall, in detail, the events with his hot date last night. Or the 2 monday morning quarterback who go on and on about what they would have done different. And so on..

I'm making no claims that these are bad people or that i dont enjoy playing the game with them. There are just times where guild chat becomes a bit too much. There are others who enjoy all of this going on in /g, i only seek a bit of option when i dont. I cant be alone on this, am i?
02-27-07, 01:35 PM   #5
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
what i did was put guild chat onto it's own chat tab, makes it easy to then hide it if you get a really annoying person.
02-27-07, 01:59 PM   #6
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
you should try BeQuiet . It lets you put people on a temporary ignore. just type /bq add <name> and it ignores them, then in 6 hours (or the next time the other person comes on after 6 hours) it takes them off ignore.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a chat mod.