08-05-10, 09:34 AM   #1
oimmuk
An Aku'mai Servant
Magnified Circle on Minimap

Hi there, I use carbonite and got my wife to use it from watching me. The problem she has and I do not have an answer for is the circle around her little arrow in the minimap it acts like a magnifier and driver her nuts. I do not have it on mine and we have tried setting our settings exactly, yet it is still there. I think there is something about her video drivers that shows more detail than mine< she always gets the better comp gear.../sigh>, but try as we might it wont go away. How can we turn it off?

08-05-10, 10:40 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If possible, can you get a screenshot of what you are describing? In a case like this, a picture is worth a thousand words

08-05-10, 11:27 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Sounds to me like that's the default Blizzard minimap you're describing.

You may want to experiment with un-merging the minimap with Carbonite's map, docking the minimap and/or using offset to place the minimap outside Carbonite's map.

08-05-10, 02:37 PM   #4
oimmuk
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
If possible, can you get a screenshot of what you are describing? In a case like this, a picture is worth a thousand words

Ok well she now instead of a circle has a square but still it drives her crazy.../grin ...<whispers> not that it takes much</whispers>

Any help will make my game life easier...

Thanks

p.s.

I hate using paint but my image software is on the fritz.../sigh

08-05-10, 02:53 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That clears it up quite a bit. And I know I have seen this resolved in another thread recently.

Here's a quote from this thread... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33766

Originally Posted by Dyrodor View Post
Ive just had this problem and after i read the posts i messed around with the settings and fixed it .

Right click on the map and select the minimap option. Uncheck the full size option and it should go back to normal.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Magnified Circle on Minimap