07-27-08, 11:43 AM   #241
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It seems like every time I come to this thread I find another quality mod that is very useful and coded well. The durability mod I was using before was a Cosmos mod that wasn't reporting my durability correctly. SLDataText is a very clean and simplistic way of showing just the data you want to see and you can disable the rest without using a whole plugin bar that takes real estate at the top or bottom of the screen. It fits in very nicely with the current version of nUI.

Of course, I have it in the back of my mind that many of the mods that I am using now to compliment nUI are being planned for inclusion into the base UI so hopefully someday we can dispose of most of these mods.

Jungle

07-27-08, 12:23 PM   #242
deepfriedspam
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by MeqTrader View Post
Now if only someone would recode the auto button population feature from Mazzle to work with this I think we have a very nice replacement for new people to the game just trying to find their way around the 1000 of possibilities within WoW.
Ugh, no thanks, trying to wrap my head around someone elses layout preferences gives me a headache. lol.

07-27-08, 01:10 PM   #243
Tullia
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello,

It's a very good addon, I love it.

However, I have a little problem. It concerns the map in the right bottom corner. I join a picture because it's more simple that words.

The map show a part of hinterland.

Have you a tip or it's a conflict with an other addon ?

P.S : Excuse me for my english, it's not my language.

07-27-08, 01:39 PM   #244
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Tullia --

That's definately a conflict with another addon and at first glance, it looks to me like the addon is scaline your battlefield map, but I'm not sure about that.

What addons are you using? You might try disabling them one by one until the problem goes away. When you figure out which addon it is, let me know and I'll try to figure out what the conflict is.

Originally Posted by Tullia View Post
Hello,

It's a very good addon, I love it.

However, I have a little problem. It concerns the map in the right bottom corner. I join a picture because it's more simple that words.

The map show a part of hinterland.

Have you a tip or it's a conflict with an other addon ?

P.S : Excuse me for my english, it's not my language.

07-27-08, 02:29 PM   #245
Tullia
A Murloc Raider

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answer. I disable the mod named "Capping" and the map is ok now.

I find you th link to download the mod for an eventual fix bug :

http://www.wowaddons-fr.com/?action=view_addon&id=300

This website is in french so to download the mod, click on picture where you see "Télécharger".

Another thanks for your mod.

07-27-08, 02:34 PM   #246
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Just change the zone map scale of capping to fit the space.

Btw Capping is on the wowace svn Spiel.

07-27-08, 03:56 PM   #247
Tullia
A Murloc Raider

Hello,

Great thanks noble8.

The problem is corrected and the map is at the good size.

Thanks noble8.

07-27-08, 08:39 PM   #248
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Thanks to Tullia and Noble both. Once I get beta 2 out the door, I'll look at making sure Capping and nUI play nice together.

Originally Posted by Tullia View Post
Hello,

Great thanks noble8.

The problem is corrected and the map is at the good size.

Thanks noble8.

07-27-08, 08:44 PM   #249
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation Need help with more language translations...

First... a sincere thanks to Andre and Carlos who have volunteered for and already completed the first round of nUI Beta 2 translations for German and Spanish (respectively).

In the meantime, I still need someone who can do the English to French translations for me, as well as any other languages players may be using out there. You do not need to know anything about programming to be able to do this... so... if you can translate English to another WoW supported language, I would very much appreciate your help... drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

And, once again... thank you very much Andre and Carlos.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 07-27-08 at 08:49 PM.

07-28-08, 10:55 AM   #250
Lockheart
A Defias Bandit
Warrior Stances - aaaaaaaahh

At first glance when i saw a picture of this UI i loved it, instantly got it and downloaded and when i got into the game, started sorting out the action bars i found when i change stances on my 70 warrior, the bars dont change. I remove a spell in battle stance, its removed in defensive and beserker stance.

This is probably a silly post and there is a logical answer to it but i cant find it

07-28-08, 11:12 AM   #251
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Lockheart --

Do you have any other mods installed that interact with your action bars? Also, which version of nUI have you got installed? (it tells you when you log into WoW)

My main is a lvl70 prot warrior, so trust me when I say I would have felt this pain if it was a "common" problem. ~smile~

Originally Posted by Lockheart View Post
At first glance when i saw a picture of this UI i loved it, instantly got it and downloaded and when i got into the game, started sorting out the action bars i found when i change stances on my 70 warrior, the bars dont change. I remove a spell in battle stance, its removed in defensive and beserker stance.

This is probably a silly post and there is a logical answer to it but i cant find it

07-28-08, 01:35 PM   #252
Lockheart
A Defias Bandit
Question

Ive downloaded 'nUI v1.08.00 (beta)' and i did have bongos installed but not enabled. Would that of made a difference?

07-28-08, 02:21 PM   #253
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I wouldn't think that would make a difference if it is disabled.

I would ask that you try disabling all mods except nUI and see if the problem persists. Also make sure that nUI says that it has loaded v1.08.00 Beta when you log into WoW (just to be sure you don't have an old version for any reason.

I'll play with it on my end and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Ive downloaded 'nUI v1.08.00 (beta)' and i did have bongos installed but not enabled. Would that of made a difference?

07-28-08, 02:36 PM   #254
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Lockheart --

I just loaded nUI 1.08 on my prot 70 warrior and selected battle stance. I then deleted "blood rage" from the battle stance bar (it was in my first button slot on that bar) and switched to defensive stance and berserker stance where I also have blood rage on the first button on those two bars and it was still present... so... removing a button from the battle stance bar did not affect either of the other bars. Switching between the three stances also gave me the three different bars as you would expect it to.

My first suggestion would be to press "shift-1" just to be sure you are on the first action bar page (that is the only one that toggles between stances for warriors, druids, etc. -- as is the case in the default Bliz bars). After you do that, test then to see if your bars are behaving as expected.

07-29-08, 01:35 AM   #255
kvamic
A Kobold Labourer
ok 2 things i like to wonder is abouth the chat and player stats u see in the center of the screen.
the player stats how do u change the colors for mana the dark blue makes it imposeble to see ur mana and how mutsh % u have without setting ur hed totaly in to the screen :/

2 abouth the chatwindows are it ennyway to add more chatwindows that dont reset in to 1 evry time u logg outh? and hafe to drag them outh again and reshape them and readd whtis side u want the text on?

07-29-08, 02:36 AM   #256
swords
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

I have facing with 2 problems with nUI 1.08 (beta) release. Hope spiel or someone can help me.

1. When i had superior mana oil buff on a weapon, the buff icon, when mouse over, does not show the correct info. I have attached a picture of it. U can see the info window above the weapon buff icon is showing incorrect info. And it seems to happen when im in a raid. Need to confirm on this.

2. When I was raiding in TK, I died and released with full health and mana. But the HUD health and mana bars showed empty. I have to /nui rl to reset it. Just wondering what could be the problem.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buff tooltip problem.JPG
Views:	620
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	1797  

07-29-08, 06:45 AM   #257
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by kvamic View Post
ok 2 things i like to wonder is abouth the chat and player stats u see in the center of the screen.
the player stats how do u change the colors for mana the dark blue makes it imposeble to see ur mana and how mutsh % u have without setting ur hed totaly in to the screen :/
You can change the color of the mana bars and text in the HUD by editing the file WTF\Account\{your account}\SavedVariables\nUI.lua -- search the file for a section labeled "nUI_HUDConfig" and scroll down until you see the section "Colors" -- In that you'll find the section for coloring the mana bars... it has three parts... min (the color of the bar/text when the bar is empty), mid (the color of the bar/text when it is at 50%) and max (the color of the bar/text when the bar is full. You can adjust the colors by changing the values of r (red), g (green) and b (blue). Increasing the values of r and g for the max {} color will make the blue brighter and easier to see.

2 abouth the chatwindows are it ennyway to add more chatwindows that dont reset in to 1 evry time u logg outh? and hafe to drag them outh again and reshape them and readd whtis side u want the text on?
At this time, there is not. By default nUI manages all of the chat windows. In the Beta 2 it will manage the main chat window and the combat log, but will not alter any other chat windows.

07-29-08, 06:49 AM   #258
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by swords View Post
Hi,

I have facing with 2 problems with nUI 1.08 (beta) release. Hope spiel or someone can help me.

1. When i had superior mana oil buff on a weapon, the buff icon, when mouse over, does not show the correct info. I have attached a picture of it. U can see the info window above the weapon buff icon is showing incorrect info. And it seems to happen when im in a raid. Need to confirm on this.
I've had one other person bring this bug up and I have as yet been unable to reproduce it... but I am looking in to it.

2. When I was raiding in TK, I died and released with full health and mana. But the HUD health and mana bars showed empty. I have to /nui rl to reset it. Just wondering what could be the problem.
This is also a bug I am aware of and I believe you will find it fixed in the Beta 2 release which I'm working on now.

07-29-08, 03:50 PM   #259
Charvel
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hi there, just got done reading all of the posts here. Am slowly becoming convinced that I should switch from Mazzle to this UI. Looks pretty cool but I have yet to download it and play with it.

Couple pages back you asked about features in the raid frames that people would like to see. I read through the posts but didn't see anyone mention what I suggest. I currently use sRaidFrames and when someone is the target of a mob the border of their character box becomes red (showing that they are possibly about to take damage). I like that border as a healer. sRaidFrames also allows for whether or not a player is in range, health, mana (all that have been mentioned before) that would be great to see in your raid frames.

Last edited by Charvel : 07-29-08 at 03:52 PM.

07-29-08, 04:11 PM   #260
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Charvel View Post
Hi there, just got done reading all of the posts here. Am slowly becoming convinced that I should switch from Mazzle to this UI. Looks pretty cool but I have yet to download it and play with it.
I'll be interested to hear your impressions after you have given it a go.

Couple pages back you asked about features in the raid frames that people would like to see. I read through the posts but didn't see anyone mention what I suggest. I currently use sRaidFrames and when someone is the target of a mob the border of their character box becomes red (showing that they are possibly about to take damage). I like that border as a healer.
As you have probably read by now, I am in the process of coding the second beta of nUI. I have completely overhauled the unit frames functionality. At this point I can tell you that (a) whatever unit frame is the target of the target will get a highlight. In addition, the combat feedback system will flash a red border on unit frames taking damage and flash a green border on unit frames getting healing. I also expect to have highlights for frames that are cursed, poisoned, diseased or out of the player's control (in flight, mind tapped, etc.).

I do not yet know if I'll have highlights for every unit being targeted by a mob in multi-mob encounters. I hadn't thought that far ahead, actually and I'm at least a little concerned about how expensive that might be (in terms of the impact on the game engine). I'll see if I can think up an affordable way to make that work within the state engine design of the unit frames I have created.

sRaidFrames also allows for whether or not a player is in range, health, mana (all that have been mentioned before) that would be great to see in your raid frames.
Health and power are, of course, a requiement. Range indication will also be taken into account as that's an item that has come up many times.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 07-29-08 at 04:14 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement