09-17-12, 01:43 AM   #1
Djian
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Announcements in DBM Style?

Hi
Okay, so I've been wondering how to do the following things:

- Accounce spells that I kick in the same way DBM announces certain Boss mechanics

- The same for buffs I spellstole

- Tell me when Polymorph fades on my target/focus (fades/gets dispelled/..., so esentially the debuff is not active anymore)

- Tell me via the "DBM way" when Brain Freeze (buff on me) is active.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Djian

Last edited by Djian : 09-17-12 at 01:46 AM.
09-17-12, 07:33 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Djian View Post
- Accounce spells that I kick in the same way DBM announces certain Boss mechanics
- The same for buffs I spellstole
Most of the time, nobody cares about this at all, and nobody wants to have their screen spammed with this information. If you do use an addon capable of announcing things to your group, you should leave it disabled unless you are specifically asked to coordinate your kicks/spellsteals with other players.

Anyway, PowerAuras or WeakAuras can probably do everything you described, and there are tons of smaller addons that can announce your kicks and spellsteals, or alert you when something procs, or alerts you when your CC spells break. Try searching for terms like "aura", "watch", "alert", "kick", "interrupt", "break", etc. or just browsing the Buffs & Debuffs addon category.
09-17-12, 07:52 PM   #3
Djian
A Murloc Raider

First off thanks
I think Announcement may be the wrong expression. I want that text to only appear in "ZoneTextFrame" (is that even right?), so I'm the only one who is notified.
So basically stuff MageNotes (http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/magenotes/) used to do, but there are no updates for it as its abandoned (also there was no notification what you spellstole/kicked). It's similiar to LockNotes 2.

Last edited by Djian : 09-17-12 at 08:02 PM.
09-17-12, 08:24 PM   #4
Maggz
A Cyclonian

basically your wanting a self reminder for these things using

RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidBossEmoteFrame,"YOUR MESSAGE HERE", ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"])

is that what im gathering? trouble with what your asking is that isnt as simple as just putting that on a macro as your asking for it to also monitor buffs and debuffs for you and that would be a pretty large amount of coding, possibly you could take a look at this addon mage notes and make some changes to suit your needs to make it functional for MoP. However That is a considerable undertaking in some of the addons that have gone out of date unless your proficiant in coding. it might be alot easier on you to try what Phanx suggested in finding something or a couple things that do all your asking.
09-17-12, 08:32 PM   #5
Djian
A Murloc Raider

Already tried to simply add new spells to MageNotes and remove spells like Mana Shield.
I'm not skilled at all when it comes to coding, so the 300 lines of MageNotes are a real challenge for me haha.

Would it be easier to only show what I counterspelled and/or spellstole? I'm not sure if RaidNotice_AddMessage actually only notifies me about it and not the whole raid.

Thanks
09-17-12, 11:34 PM   #6
Maggz
A Cyclonian

that type of message i posted is local not a global annoucement, so it should perform the function your looking for. it is in a sort a dbm style notice, you can also change its notice color by modifying the last variable in the line , ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"].......... if you changed RAID_WARNING to GUILD it would post a green message instead of red im not entirely sure of all the command colors that are predetermined in game but you can even change it based on custom coloring. that just takes slightly more work in coding.
09-17-12, 11:59 PM   #7
Djian
A Murloc Raider

Thank you very much, I'll try it out

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Announcements in DBM Style?