04-29-12, 05:37 AM   #1
Ilovelasagna
A Kobold Labourer
Low FPS when using carbonite

whenever i use carbonite my FPS drops to below 20, but when i disable it, my fps is constant 60. do you know whats happening?

05-05-12, 06:27 AM   #2
Taheraliel
A Murloc Raider

Carbonite can use up a lot of addon memory which in turn can reduce the memory available for other things, like say rendering WoW. If you want Carbonite to have a smaller footprint you might want to try reducing the quest data it keeps available restricting it to data 4-5 levels above/below your level.

06-22-12, 11:54 PM   #3
zuss
A Kobold Labourer
How someone can achieve what you are advising Taheraliel??

06-23-12, 01:41 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zuss View Post
How someone can achieve what you are advising Taheraliel??
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Quest" page.

Look for the "Number of quest levels below player level to keep in memory (85 keeps all) <number>" option. It should be the second option under the "Quest options" sub-heading.

Click anywhere on the option line, change the number in the edit box that pops up, click "Accept", click the "Reload UI" button in the "Reload UI" box when it opens, and you should be good to go.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-05-12, 08:06 AM   #5
XCC111
A Defias Bandit
Strange, no matter what i do carbonite just locks my fps on 15 even if i have the graphics on ultra or low, it just locks my fps on 15 and doesn't budge. I am playing World Of Warcraft Cataclysm 4.0.6 on the Molten Wow server btw. Could i please get some help

P.S: I even tried what jeffy said but it was locked on 15 fps still :/

09-05-12, 08:29 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite is probably generating errors like crazy, it's not ment for emulated servers and would explain very low fps.

09-05-12, 08:56 AM   #7
XCC111
A Defias Bandit
Hmm, maybe that's it but i just can't play without Carbonite cause i'm new to WOW and i'm a n00b still :5
And by emulated servers you mean that it's not the original Battle.net server, or just that it's not on an actual server?

09-05-12, 09:13 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a "PRIVATE" server and not an OFFICIAL World of Warcraft server.

As such, WoWInterface (an official WoW fansite) does not allow any help with problems arising from playing on such servers. Although I am not a moderator or admin for WoWI, I will pass along their warning on this subject (and hopefully not break any site rules):
4. Don't break WoW EULA or ToU. If you come here and post that you are selling your WoW account for real world money, offering or asking for power-levelling, in-game items or gold for real life cash, private servers or any other post that breaks WoW EULA or ToU, your post will be deleted and you will (at minimum) warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
You can find the entire forum rules HERE.

By-the-way, if you didn't know, the Carbonite forums are actually hosted by WoWInterface.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-05-12, 09:15 AM   #9
XCC111
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
It's a "PRIVATE" server and not an OFFICIAL World of Warcraft server.

As such, WoWInterface (an official WoW fansite) does not allow any help with problems arising from playing on such servers. Although I am not a moderator or admin for WoWI, I will pass along their warning on this subject (and hopefully not break any site rules):
You can find the entire forum rules HERE.

By-the-way, if you didn't know, the Carbonite forums are actually hosted by WoWInterface.

Ok then. Sorry for not reading the rules and posting about private servers :/

EDIT: One last thing, is there any ways i could check if Carbonite is getting errors?

09-05-12, 09:22 AM   #10
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If you're not playing on an official blizzard server, you're out of luck here.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Low FPS when using carbonite