11-20-12, 09:37 PM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Battle Pets on the Mini Map - Family Type

Is it even possible to have the Green Pet Paw on the Mini map be changed to the family type of the pet. For instance when in an area full of critters you can instantly see the Elemental your map. I Seem to remember there being an issue with Mining Nodes and Herbalism nodes not being distinctive on the Mini Map so a different color couldn't be used per type. Not sure if this would have the same issue but It might break up the monotony of just killing critter after critter.
11-20-12, 09:39 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The pet icons would have the same restrictions.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-21-12, 05:05 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The issue isn't that herbalism and mining dots aren't distinct enough from each other, but that addons have absolutely no access to those dots. You can replace the texture file by placing another file with the same path and name in your WoW folder, but since WoW uses the same dot for all profession resource nodes, and addons can't access them in-game, it's not possible to recolor them based on type. That's the same reason it's not possible for an addon to alert you when a new dot appears on the minimap; they're totally invisible to addons.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Battle Pets on the Mini Map - Family Type