04-15-08, 07:03 AM   #1
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Strange text next to char

I have mazzified loads of chars and have never seen this before, can anyone tell me what add on is producing it? It says "no selected quests"

I have looked in the standard Blizz settings but quest tracking is off... stumped at what could be showing this.
04-15-08, 07:21 AM   #2
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
You have mini-map icons in your screenshot, and that means 1 of 2 things.

Either...

1) Your Mazzification did not complete properly, in which case you have other errors that need to be fixed.

or...

2) You've added your own addons to the compilation, which means that is where your "No selected quests" text could be coming from.

This is something I've never seen. The only quest tracking addon in the compilation is nQuestLog, which does not display in the area of that text and does not display that text at all when there are no quests.
04-15-08, 07:29 AM   #3
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Yeah the minimap icons I know about and have them with all my chars, they are for Atlas, Opium, Bongos2 and Gatherer and I put them in there. There are no errors in bugsack at all and although I have added one or two add ons I haven't put anything in recently.
Oddly this is the second char I've created today and the first one mazzified ok without this strange text. Got that char to lvl 7 then made this new Mage and as soon as the Mazzification finishes I saw this text. Wierd, I'll try mazzifying again.
I've tried disabling nQuest and that didn't get rid of it...anyway it's not mission critical cos I'll just delete the lvl 1 guy and start agin if I can't clear it.
04-16-08, 02:04 AM   #4
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Just an update to this, I tried re-mazzifying but that didn't cure it (I didn't actually think it was Mazzleui at fault but it was worth a try) so I just deleted the char and made a new one with the same name. Oddly the problem came back with the new char.

Deleted that one and made another.. again a Mage with all the same characteristics and the same stuff ticked and pressed in Mazzle but this time with a different name.
Problem gone.

The name I was using for the problem character I had used before and deleted the char so I can only think it was some hangover of settings from that long gone guy of the same name.

Anyway wierdness now gone.

Oh and I'm not having any real problems Mazzifying new characters, I have fully updated using wau and followed all the instructions in the 2.4 thread.
I will say that I replaced bongos with Bongos2 and I have to place the bars and buttons manually and I untick the bit in Mazz that asks to set buttons and bars. I also use Cfilter and set chat boxes 6 and 7 to display the info I want and that works a treat.

But all that said I can say that if you follow the instructions to the letter and are prepared to "dig in" and manually set some stuff the Mazzle UI works without a hitch or fault.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Strange text next to char