11-27-12, 02:40 PM   #1
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Move ExtraAction Button 1?

Hey all,

I have run into an issue in MoP with the special buttons you click during quests or dungeons that perform specific tasks. For example, I just did the quest "Chasing the Chicken" to find Old Hillpaw's prize chicken. The problem is that this button by default shows up in my preferred healing frame spot! I ended up dying in a dungeon because I couldn't unlock my heal frame and move it out of the way fast enough to click it. :/
I did some looking and I think the button is called "ExtraAction Button 1".

Are there any mods out there that let you control the placement of JUST this button?
I was thinking it would fall under one of the following mods:
Shadowed Unit Frames (player/target/party frames)
VuhDo (healing frames)
Chinchilla (minimap, and controls placement of the quest tracker, Boss frames, vehicle frames, and a few other things)
I guess maybe it's an action bar thing, though, so none of the above apply. I don't use any action bar mods.

Thanks,
-T.
11-27-12, 04:05 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BetterExtraActionButton
11-28-12, 11:17 AM   #3
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

-T.
11-28-12, 03:45 PM   #4
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tepetkhet View Post
I guess maybe it's an action bar thing, though, so none of the above apply. I don't use any action bar mods.
Yes, it's an ActionBar "thing". Bartender, for example, offer control over it. Though, it controls all acton bars... Not just that specific one.
11-29-12, 11:05 AM   #5
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Yeah, I used to use Maul's action bar mod (I think it was called Macaroon last time I used it). Loved it when it worked, but it just takes over too much of my UI and ended up causing problems when there'd be a major game update and suddenly I literally couldn't do anything. :/ Trying to keep things lightweight. Well, relatively.
The BetterExtraActionButton mod is throwing random errors, but I haven't had a chance to test its actual functionality yet.

-T.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Move ExtraAction Button 1?