11-27-10, 11:50 PM   #1
AwdBawl
A Fallenroot Satyr
Totem Radius Display

I was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that would help display the effective range of any given totem I lay down, on the minimap?

I'm aware there's the addon "TotemRadius" with this functionality but as I understand, its last viable patch was 3.3.5 even though a portion of its capabilities were killed by Blizzard.

I don't need all the bells n' whistles that old AVR mods brought, just a simple display on my minimap. Any ideas? Thanks.
11-28-10, 01:36 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

As far as I know, no addon is allowed to draw in the WoW world (the playing area) or on the minimap.

11-28-10, 01:41 AM   #3
markhr
A Fallenroot Satyr
A useful, and working, main screen and/or minimap overlay addon is HUDMap.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hudmap.aspx

main screen totems screenshot

totems minimap overlay picture
11-28-10, 03:36 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I did try HUDMap just out of curiosity, and it doesn't appear to be working properly (using the october 22nd alpha from WoWAce).

Either it shows totems to have a radius of about 1 yard (you're basically only in range of all if you stand somewhere between the four), or it constantly shows you as being in range even if you're on the other side of the instance.

Is it in a non-working condition, or did I miss a setting somewhere?

Edit: Seems now, lots of testing (1 yard radius) and an instance (unlimited range) later, totems are finally displaying a reasonable radius... only, it's wrong. Looks like the addon only displays ~35 of the 40 yards of radius for the totems. I guess if you can get it to the point of working that I'm at now, it could work until it's updated properly. But I don't know yet if it'll still work after I exit and restart the game.

Last edited by Jigain : 11-28-10 at 04:06 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Totem Radius Display