07-15-09, 08:17 AM   #1
pokerquad66
A Murloc Raider
carbonite: object not in database

i've just started questing in silithus and a lot of my quests are not showing up on the map. next to the quests is a orangish dot. when i click-it it says object is not in database. i'm using a mac computer, can anyone help?

07-16-09, 09:56 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Using a Mac shouldn't make any difference. I'm using a Mac, and I don't recall that problem. OTOH, I didn't spend much time in Silithus, and it's been a while.

It sounds like your installation got messed up somehow. I'd start by reinstalling carb 3.13. Download it from here.

07-17-09, 09:44 AM   #3
pokerquad66
A Murloc Raider
carbonite: still having problems

i downloaded the latest version of carbonite and am still having troubles. more than have the quests have orange dots next to them instead of white.

07-18-09, 03:55 AM   #4
mrklotz
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by pokerquad66 View Post
i've just started questing in silithus and a lot of my quests are not showing up on the map. next to the quests is a orangish dot. when i click-it it says object is not in database. i'm using a mac computer, can anyone help?
That's a not a bug, it just means these quests are not yet covered in carbonite or having a location for specified Quest objective is impossible/useless.

There are some quests that have "out of line" objectives, such as reputation gains and using a quest item on the spot etc.
Both of these examples won't need a pointer, because you can do it everywhere.

07-18-09, 08:35 AM   #5
pokerquad66
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrklotz View Post
That's a not a bug, it just means these quests are not yet covered in carbonite or having a location for specified Quest objective is impossible/useless.

There are some quests that have "out of line" objectives, such as reputation gains and using a quest item on the spot etc.
Both of these examples won't need a pointer, because you can do it everywhere.
i might agree for some of the quests but take for example "Breaking the Code" this quest has an exact location and i would think it should be able to be tracked. would this have anything to do with the WOW program? or is it strictly carbonite?

07-18-09, 10:48 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We have fairly limited data on Silithus, since Carbonite was released post Burning Crusade and most people skipped questing there, since Hellfire has much better xp and loot for lvl 58+. Much of our data was collected from users, so the more popular a zone is, the better the data. Haavok did hand edit a lot of data, but I doubt he spent much time on Silithus. I did about the first 25% of Silithus quests several months and the data was reasonable, but as you go farther, I'm sure it gets worse.

07-20-09, 07:30 AM   #7
pokerquad66
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We have fairly limited data on Silithus, since Carbonite was released post Burning Crusade and most people skipped questing there, since Hellfire has much better xp and loot for lvl 58+. Much of our data was collected from users, so the more popular a zone is, the better the data. Haavok did hand edit a lot of data, but I doubt he spent much time on Silithus. I did about the first 25% of Silithus quests several months and the data was reasonable, but as you go farther, I'm sure it gets worse.
that is good information to know, and makes perfect sense. i'm going to hellfire.....

07-20-09, 01:24 PM   #8
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by pokerquad66 View Post
that is good information to know, and makes perfect sense. i'm going to hellfire.....
Don't say that, man! I'm sure you're a good person who has just made a few mistakes in life. You won't go to hel... Oh... Never mind...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite: object not in database