10-24-10, 10:51 AM   #21
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation

Can you people who make this addon make a simple version of Carbonite?

I have found all the warehouse, guild hud and all the other stuff useless except the map/quest tracker and when it tells you when an enemy player is nearby. And i think it's why people's FPS is soo low. and i'm currently having this problem too.. :/ i think that would bring down a few megabytes. i cant believe it's like 11mbs!

and yes cata is still playable with...
XP Pro SP3
P4 @ 2.53 GHz
GeForce FX 5200
1GB RAM
by Cognatii
and voodoodad is wrong, i still have the same fps as when i played in WotLK 12-24 fps,
My spec...lol
1gb ram
Intel Atom CPU N270 1.6 GHz
Intel HD Graphics (256 MB)
however, this isn't the computer that i play on anymore

Last edited by pauen : 10-24-10 at 11:00 AM.

10-24-10, 12:00 PM   #22
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I've had FPS problems since later WotLK, I like Carbonite but without it I get over 20fps boost -so sadly I must use other mods.

10-26-10, 12:27 AM   #23
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can disable the Warehouse, Info and Team windows on the modules options page, Social window on the social options page and in next version Questing features.

Much of what those non questing features do is passive (only responds to events like inventory changes).

Test: Windowed mode, standing outdoors in Orgrimmar camera in wall no other character on screen all quests watched and drawn on map, Team window showing me, Punks window empty, Info windows empty since no target and full health.

No Carbonite 137 FPS.
Carbonite (map centered on Orgrimmar) 121 FPS.
Carbonite (map showing world) 115 FPS.
Carbonite (map centered on Orgrimmar + questing) 110 FPS.
Carbonite (map showing world + questing) 100 FPS.
Carbonite (map centered on Orgrimmar + every feature) 109 FPS.

The map and questing features are what is causing most of the FPS decrease.

Obviously staring at a wall is not how you play the game, but it provides a consistent benchmark and the relative FPS drop is meaningful.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 10-26-10 at 12:37 AM.

10-27-10, 05:49 PM   #24
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
You can disable the Warehouse, Info and Team windows on the modules options page, Social window on the social options page and in next version Questing features.

Much of what those non questing features do is passive (only responds to events like inventory changes).

Test: Windowed mode, standing outdoors in Orgrimmar camera in wall no other character on screen all quests watched and drawn on map, Team window showing me, Punks window empty, Info windows empty since no target and full health.

No Carbonite 137 FPS.
Carbonite (map centered on Orgrimmar) 121 FPS.
Carbonite (map showing world) 115 FPS.
Carbonite (map centered on Orgrimmar + questing) 110 FPS.
Carbonite (map showing world + questing) 100 FPS.
Carbonite (map centered on Orgrimmar + every feature) 109 FPS.

The map and questing features are what is causing most of the FPS decrease.

Obviously staring at a wall is not how you play the game, but it provides a consistent benchmark and the relative FPS drop is meaningful.
exactly dude, i know you can still disable some of the features but technically they're still there... like i said, i think you should make a cleaner version of it, (that only helps you level). i've even tried messing with the ".lua" and when i delete one little thing, the whole thing gets messed up (as in you can't even see any part of the addon when ingame)

---------------------
Glyph of Mortal Strike
Glyph of Execution
Glyph of Rending

---------------------
Glyph of Charge
Glyph of Battle
Glyph of Bloodrage

12-16-10, 11:53 AM   #25
Paprika
A Black Drake
May anyone tell me what the team window is and carboniteaddon, may you tell us which rig you're currently using?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.0 FPS problem...