05-26-08, 09:27 PM   #1
Mn3MoN1C
A Murloc Raider
Spartan UI problems(ie:Way too big)

Hi guys, I just downloaded Spartan UI and I tried to follow the installation video but some inconsistencies are making it hard for me to set this up. First, the download link on the official website has no WTF folder for me to replace with my current files. Second, when I installed the addons, I didn't need to type /sui as the interface seemed to display itself already. However, the problem is that it is so large that everything seems to be getting cut off.

Here is a screen of what it looks like after I installed it out of the box. The only thing I moved was the chat box.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/419...8012033la1.jpg

Third, it says in the video to type /ct but I don't see that addon installed in the pack. I'm using the Enhanced pack but I tried the Basic and the same problem occurred.

Any help on fixing this to work would be very much appreciated.
05-26-08, 09:29 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It looks like you're using a tiny resolution and/or a huge UI scale.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-26-08, 09:30 PM   #3
Mn3MoN1C
A Murloc Raider
My current resolution is 1280x1024 as for ui scale I'm not sure that fixes it because when i made it smaller the bottom of the interface was still cut off.

Here is the resized ui scale. You can see the bottom of it is cut off for some reason.

Here is what it should look like out of the box according to his website...
http://spartanui.com/screenshots/Spa..._teaserbig.jpg

Last edited by Mn3MoN1C : 05-26-08 at 09:49 PM.
05-26-08, 11:48 PM   #4
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Yes but that is for a wide screen monitor to set it up delete the Addons (including WTF info) and set your screen to the right resolution with UI scale to 0.64 which makes everything as small as it will go. Then reinstall the addons and it should work.
05-26-08, 11:49 PM   #5
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It looks like SpartanUI is designed for a widescreen resolution, but I'm thinking the UI scale has alot to do with it.

Have you tried asking the author? They should be supporting their project, unless it's discontinued.

05-27-08, 12:58 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Like said before in the thread, Spartan UI was made for a wide-screen resolution, and you're using a full screen resolution. Hence why things are cut off.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-27-08, 01:16 PM   #7
Evolution85
A Black Drake

Dread is correct.

This ISNT the old SUI. there is no configuring. It does everything automatically. The video was for V1.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Spartan UI problems(ie:Way too big)