08-31-12, 09:23 AM   #1
Mobius3010
A Defias Bandit
Special Action Bars not appearing

I'm not sure if this is covered in another thread, but blizzards special action bars do not appear when I have nUI enabled. I'm not sure if it is because blizz changed something on their end, but before the patch, this wasn't an issue. If you would like a screen shot of what I mean, let me know and I will get one up.

08-31-12, 02:19 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please if you can.

I am sure I tested all the classes to make sure all their special bars came up.

It may be that non class extractionbutton1 button that you are talking about that for some reason doesn't auto appear when they should and you have to use a macro before fighting I think.

08-31-12, 03:11 PM   #3
Dresden
A Murloc Raider

i'm having the same issue. Specifically it is the "BonusActionButton", all of them. I'm lvling an alt right now and i'm doing the quests in Mt Hyjal and having problems. The series of quests that are calling this button so far are the ones where you have to infiltrate the group and answer questions when you are tested and giving the graduation speech. The only work around i've found is disabling nUI which is a shame as i love this UI. Hope there is an easy fix

08-31-12, 04:31 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm wonder if BonusActionBar has been changed since 4.3.4. Let me check.

Can't see anything jumping out at me but that could be because I dont know what file it is in as there isn't a special file for it. Think all my 85s have done that quest chain so hard for me to test it personally to identify it.

08-31-12, 05:35 PM   #5
Mobius3010
A Defias Bandit
I don't understand .lua very well, but since I started using nUI, the special action bar hadn't been an issue until recently. This started when the button for Ultraxion wouldn't appear. If I understand how it possibly works, it may just be a mismap between blizzards special action bar, and it getting set in nUI. I will scour the .lua files and see if anything pops out.

08-31-12, 06:23 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah it sounds like it might be linked with that. The ultraxion bar is the extraactionbutton1 button. Both it and the other one were introduced in cata and hasn't worked 100% since then.

09-01-12, 08:12 PM   #7
Lejion_rom
A Murloc Raider
yeah the only real problem i have found have been since DS was released. The ultraxion and Madness buttons wouldnt appear, i did a macro to make them appear but they were right over my bars like most extra bars. Back during BWD, and into firelands though i had an addon that allowed me to move that bar over to where the recount is. Unfortunately i dont think that addon ever got updated and since DS i havent been able to use that to move any of my bars around. Recently because i kept forgetting to press the macro going into Heroic Ultrax and such, i wouldnt have my button, i ended up finally keybinding my extraaction button.

Is there any plans on making a fix to how the extra bars/buttons work going into MoP, if needed? 1) making sure they appear, and 2) maybe making them appear elsewhere on the screen so they dont cover a good 10 buttons or so on my bars. or maybe a toggle option between like 2 or 3 locations that a play can choose from.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Special Action Bars not appearing