01-06-11, 09:14 AM   #1
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Question Chat box question

I tried to find this in the list of slash commands but I didn't see it.

I am trying to set the text entry box to the bottom of the chat box instead of the top. Can someone tell me what the command is to do that?

Also, is there a way to set the font type and text sizes and colors? And..(yes I know, sorry ) is there a way to move the combat chat box over to where the map is now? I know there used to be but not sure if it is still an option.

And yes...I did the "mouse over the top left of the chat frame" thing. There was no popup or any "settings" thing that showed up at all. Maybe I am doing it wrong?
Thanks

Last edited by Duchess : 01-06-11 at 09:22 AM.

01-06-11, 11:11 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You should definitely see the "general" tab when you mouse over the chat frame. If you don't, then something else is interfering.

There is no command to move the chat edit box to the bottom. Sorry. It's located at the top because that way it can overlap the chat frame without overlapping the newest conversation text. If you place it at the bottom, under the chat frame, it will overlap the action bar. If you place it at the bottom, over the chat frame, it will overlap the most recent chat text which you often want to see. That's why the top location was chosen.

As for setting font and size... you can set the size in the settings tab for the chat frame. I don't think you can set the font there though. The alternative is to install Prat or Chatter.

With regard to the combat log. You have to edit the code to do that. Open [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > InfoPanels > nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua ] and set enabled = true to enabled = false in both locations.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-06-11, 11:57 AM   #3
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You should definitely see the "general" tab when you mouse over the chat frame. If you don't, then something else is interfering.

There is no command to move the chat edit box to the bottom. Sorry. It's located at the top because that way it can overlap the chat frame without overlapping the newest conversation text. If you place it at the bottom, under the chat frame, it will overlap the action bar. If you place it at the bottom, over the chat frame, it will overlap the most recent chat text which you often want to see. That's why the top location was chosen.

As for setting font and size... you can set the size in the settings tab for the chat frame. I don't think you can set the font there though. The alternative is to install Prat or Chatter.

With regard to the combat log. You have to edit the code to do that. Open [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > InfoPanels > nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua ] and set enabled = true to enabled = false in both locations.
Ok yea. The General tab is there. But in the instructions it says to hover the mouse over the upper left corner of the box and you should see a "settings" popup. This is not the case for me. that's why I asked about it. Was I reading it wrong? And I do understand about the text box so no biggie.

Thanks for the help it is MUCH appreciated

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Chat box question