08-08-16, 02:04 PM   #1
Crowd
A Kobold Labourer
Distance of party/raid members

Hello,

With the legion changes going live there's a change to the holy paladin mastery, it now increases the effectiveness of your healing depending on the distance of the target to the paladin.
From what I've read it's possible to get the distance between yourself and members of your group/raid by using unitDistanceSquared ^ 0.5.
I've been able to use this to get the distance of a specific raid member (eg raid2) and show this on a frame in the middle of the screen, but is it possible to show a seperate frame for each raidmember (just like a buff/debuff aura on their respective raidframe) that shows the distance (in text and/or a colour depending on the range (eg <10 is yellow, 11-25 is orange, 26-40 is red))?
Have tried to look for addons that already do what I want to do, but I've not found any. I would attempt to create something myself but my knowledge of programming is lacking and whenever I try to figure out how to create seperate frames for each member on the blizzard raidframes it just ends in confusion.

I really appreciate any help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Distance of party/raid members