10-01-13, 03:46 PM   #1
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Health Orb Absorb Display

In the next version of oUF_Diablo I'm going to add the absorb information into the orb display. I borowed the display idea from path of exile. (sort of).

What do you think?

Basically the idea is the following. If you loose life...you can now easily see how much of that is covered by an applied absorb shield.

Plus in SoO a full encounter is nearly all about absorb. Tortos HC in ToT aswell.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 10-01-13 at 04:10 PM.
10-01-13, 04:46 PM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Why dose it go from top to bottom? And Will you change the color to fit the rest?
I can't say its very helpfull when you don't see how much Absorb is up right now. I mean 100% can be 10k in one fight and 500k in an other. Or it its like you said
If you loose life...you can now easily see how much of that is covered by an applied absorb shield
What if I have like 400k HP and have Absorb of 600k? How can I see that?
10-01-13, 05:13 PM   #3
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Shields cap at maxhealth, display-wise. Since most of the time your shields will be lower than that it makes it easy to track how much of your life lost is covered by an absorb shield.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
10-01-13, 06:42 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hard to say.
I think I prefer the left version but with another blend, not such contrast.

My reasoning is that even at full health I'm interested to know my "padding". (incoming dmg, do I need to pop a defensive?)
The second version with the absorb 'slice' obscured by the health makes it harder to discern the shield the fuller the health is and completely hides it when at full health.

If however the shield graphic is not fully in-front or fully behind the two options are the same.

What I guess I'm saying in that roundabout way is that I'd prefer the shield graphic to be visible as in option (a) but not as pronounced.

There's also a chance I completely misread how it's supposed to represent the absorb amount dynamically, it's hard to judge from a static image.
Is it a slice going North -> South = 100% or slice expanding West < East covering more of the Orb?

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-01-13 at 06:48 PM.
10-01-13, 10:40 PM   #5
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No you missread it. The left version is the same statusbar, just 100% absorb of health if convered by an absorb shield.

It is easier once someone sees it in action. Once you get a shield the statusbar fill Top->Bottom where the maxValue = maxHealth.

If you loose life and gain a shield you instantly see how much of my the life lost is covered by a shield.

I could change the statusbar to got Bottom->Top and use the highest applied shield value as max that resets once the shield drops or a new max is found. But that only would tell me that I have a shield, not by how much I'm secure because there is no measure since there is no relation to the health orb.
The only thing that I could see is that I have a shield that is depleting.

But I definitely get what you are both saying. I will test the bottom->top version. I added the smooth function to the absorb aswell so it looks pretty cool already.

Hmmm...I just recognized that I could do the same for my Vengeance level since Vengeance caps at maxHealth aswell. But for all non-heroic raiders vengeance still is pretty crap. I hardly reach 100k, that would be 1/9th of my health.

Last edited by zork : 10-02-13 at 01:41 AM.
10-02-13, 01:50 PM   #6
Rainrider
A Firelord
When you have say 10k hp missing and a shield for 5k hp, what would the absorb texture look like? From the right part of your first image it seems you have a shield for 156k covering all of your missing hp. Would it be visually easier to read if you grow the absorb texture from health:GetTexture() up to the top of the orb? Sorry if you already do that and I misunderstood you.
10-02-13, 02:49 PM   #7
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I finished the artwork and tested it.

http://imgur.com/a/H3RIU#0

I really like it. Maybe things clear up by the new screenshots.

SmoothBar is activated aswell, so it does look a tad nicer.

Last edited by zork : 10-02-13 at 04:49 PM.
10-02-13, 05:25 PM   #8
10leej
A Molten Giant

In this case a video would be best I imagine

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Health Orb Absorb Display